• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Quick zero turn hitch.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akiszka

displayname
Anthony Kiszka
I bought a zero turn Husqvarna mower last year year. Great mower but it didn't come with a hitch and Husqvarna doesn't sell one. I knew I had an old Cub Cadet hitch, some plate steel, and some old leaf spring u-bolts. Bought a can Husqvarna orange paint and presto hitch mounting plate. I will zip the long rod ends off later with cut off wheel. I Needed to drag the driveway after the rain and its done now. Check that project off the list. Going to design a weight bar for the front next. I usually leave roto-tiller on the 1512 through the summer and this will give something else to pull a garden trailer or roller with. Hitch was from a parts 1872 I have.

Attachments

• 20210627_173000.jpg
    20210627_173000.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 183
My Cub Cadet TANK LZ came with a hitch. Same place your's is, tough to see to back up to my trailer. I got spoiled with my "Quick-Hitch" on my 982's 3-point to sleeve hitch adapter, like on a ball coupler style trailer I just backed up, raised the hitch with a 1/2" carriage bolt in the hitch and drove away with the trailer.

FYI, beware, ihave a Ferris 48 inch zero turnhand recently had a hitch installed. It's placard with a weight limit regarding weight being towed. Remember not the same a tongue weight. You might consider specific mower specs. I suspect it is do to limits on the hydraulic system.

FYI, beware, ihave a Ferris 48 inch zero turnhand recently had a hitch installed. It's placard with a weight limit regarding weight being towed. Remember not the same a tongue weight. You might consider specific mower specs. I suspect it is do to limits on the hydraulic system.
Thanks, not familiar with Ferris, but my Husqvarna is one of there entry level commercial units, pretty stout machine. I not going to pull anything super heavy, my grader being the heaviest thing, it is 42" I beam with railroad spikes welded to it and a section of metal bar grating. The beam spikes chip up the rocks and the screen carries them along to fill the holes. For a bunch of junk it works fine. Usually just pulling the roller will be great.

I pull my PRONOVOST P-503 tandem axle dump trailer into the garage and back it out of the garage with my TANK LZ. I have pulled the trailer into the back yard with 15-18 12 ft 2x6's when SON and I replaced the floor on one part of our deck. Trailer made a handy workbench too.
The back end of the TANK LZ is built heavier than my 982. I guess if I had to I could use the FARMALL Super H or M to pull stuff. I don't think Cub Cadet builds anything in a Zero turn comparable to the Tank.

I remember in researching, when I bought my ULTIMA ZT1 54" I read, especially on the ZT1 and maybe the ZT2 machines, they recommend to NOT tow much of anything. The ZT1 level machines have "Non-Serviceable" hydro wheel motors (they are Hydro-Gear units. Towing any "real" weight, or even steep ground can put stress on them. My dealer (Yes I went to an actual Cub Cadet dealer, not a box store) mentioned the ZT1 hydros don't have a charge pump in them. I bought one of the new, nice CC carts (the one that folds into a flatbed, or looks kinda like a really big #2 IH cart (flat front and sides, and sloped rear) at the same time. He said "I hope you are planning on pulling that with you of your old ones" (we had talked for nearly an hour when I 1st went in shopping, and he asked a bunch or questions I have about the ZTR's, and we happened to get on the subject of the other Cubs I have) thats a good way to put a lot of wear on the wheel motors on this one. He has been a dealer since the late 80's and has a 149 and a CCC 4 digit "82 series". I said yes, this one isn't going to be pulling the cart. The ZT1's come with a hitch, when mine was delivered, the hitch was in the bag with the owners manual and other paperwork. Which is still it's home........ I figure my 350lb a** is enough.....

Back