• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Question about a tractor???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeramie:
If it looks like this:
83624.jpg

Then it was made by Porter-Cable..

BTW - when you're in Arcadia, say hi to Steve and Lisa Lorenz for me.....

Ok i will but i was wrong its a lawnmaster not yard sorry does anyone hav any info on this tractor 1963 lawnmaster?

Any pictures or other clues?? - help us out here Jeramie.... There's a Lawnmaster built down under (New Zealand or Australia, I think), maybe Graeme has some ideas...

I don't know if it'll help, but there's a listing from March 28th on Craig'sList Pittsburgh for one, says it's got a 7 HP Kohler. Google "vintage neet old tractor", should be the first hit. Charlie - hope this doesn't break the rules ( trying to help on what looks to be a fairly unknown tractor and I didn't post a link)
bouncy.gif

What would draw the crowd with the Yardmaster? The funky fender or the funky outfit that Pops is wearing?
bouncy.gif

sandra H:

1) IH made the Cub and Cub Cadet Tractors in their Louisville, Ky plant (long gone).

2) Beginning in late 1981 (after the sale of the Cub Cadet line to to MTD), all Cub Cadets have been made by the wholly owned MTD subsidiary, the Cub Cadet Corporation, in Brownsville, Tennesee.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

my friend offered to sell me his cub cadet model 102.this tractor runs super.has hi & lo gear. now what more i like about this tractor is that on the right-side of the stearing pedistool is what appears to be 2 electric outlets. i didnot yet get a good review of the wireharness but it seems as though this outlet is wired to the startermotor/generator....almost like a factory job as well as the hole in the pedistool in which this outlet lives. OR...is it some kind of inlet....maybe to heat the oil during winter use?...did not recall seeing such leads that would support thie guess. i should re-examine the "INNARDS" of this devise. again,all looks factory and was wondering if anybody knew or heard of such a thing. would the starter/generator support a refridgerator during a power-outage may help to answer my question? thank-you.

JOHN - the outlets You mention must be something a prior owner added. IH never offered aux. power outlets except for the "Cigar Lighter". IH did offer add-on generators to make AC current for running power tools in remote locations and emergency power. But the starter-generator only makes direct current, You can't run household appliances with it unless You run it through an Inverter first to convert to AC.

thank you both Mr.Charlie "Digger" Proctor[Cproctor] and Mr.Dennis Frisk[Dfrisk] for answering my posted comment on a IH cub cadet 102.i did think a little diffrent of the comment given as to where to post it; so the next post i give should be in the correct forum....pictures....yes! i cant wait for santa to bring me a new camera that will alow me to post all kinds of pictures AS well as my two IH cub cadets model 71 & 72 that i'am eager to share! true...the IH C.C model 102 which i described must have a inverter to go from direct current[DC] to alternating current[AC]. i never saw such an item as Mr.Frisk has described to me. since i dont yet have a power generator,i would enjoy getting the most use from my IH C.Cadets.....so now i'am going to look around this whole membership for that IH inverter.i'am glad to know that IH cub cadet never made factory power outlets on any of the cadet line-up,that my facts are straight....and happy to know that i can do as i wish to my cadets with such IH parts! thank-you!

John L. I'll put in my 2 cents. I have a 400 watt inverter I used to run a laptop in the car. Doing some quick math I figure it takes 33 amps at 12v to make 400 watts! A Cub S/G only puts out about 13 amps max. That gives you a little more than 125 watts which wount run much. Dont know the availability of front hang on generators. If you need emergency power, go buy a small generator. Dont think a Cub is efficient enough to spend too much money trying to convert it.

JOHN - IH had a couple other companies make add-on AC generators, PINCOR is the name of one that sticks in My mind. There were one or two others also. If You look at places like Northern Tools & Equip. they handle small as well as LARGE stand-by generators, A CC 102, 10 HP should be able to effectively run a 5000-6000W generator. I think one of the add-on generators was front mounted and drove off a v-belt from the frt PTO. That would be a logical and relatively east mount to make from a mower mule drive or snow blower mount.

As Allen points out, You can't get many watts from the starter/generator without taking charge away from Your battery quickly.

John I looked in archives and only found this picture and discussion of HP vs Wattage. Go to 'archives' at bottom of Home Page and pulldown Archive thru Dec 05 '03...look at Matts post at 8:11am.. and one following discussing HP. Kraig and Charlie may look in and find pix of a big generator on the front and know if any around. You could also inquire in the wanted section of the BuySell Cub Parts Topics.

Hey Allen[Aschumacher]!....gosh,i sure am having trouble finding "archive" on the home page.but i did find "cub cadet forum archive"on the home page.this archive runs only from march 5,1998 to july 13,1998.now i know that i'am in the wrong place and that its right under my nose!...any how i will keep up the search. and yes, i will soon buy a home generator as i realy didnot consider what a s/g is making for amps.i will use my formulas to figure out your answer of 125 watts. when i lived in NW.MT,it was common to run a chevy alternator from a 5hp. briggs motor,have that set-up charging a "cat.-bulldozer battery" which had a inverter.then you could have t.v anywhere.lol! thanh-you Allen and Dennis for your info. happy holidays to all!

Very bottom of the main "topics" page.Its called the Vault!!took me forever to figure it out!!!I to was looking for a "topic" labled,archives.
Jason

wow! i cant believe the amount of information in the vault! time has passed by and so did my bed-time! i re-painted my IH cub cadet model 72 and it looks factory-new so far. this tractor is the work horse around here! so then last summer i came a cross a IH cub cadet model 71. got it from a old-man,said it sat in his barn for the past 30 years...its in super condition! there went my parts tractor. so now its only a "get around" tractor. they both are family. then i have old white. white-law tractor/38" mowing deck with a twin vangaurd briggs & straton. and i must say that it does a good job and starts up like any thing else! so.....its true when you hear that you need a tractor for every thing, season, and they are all for fun! i also had an IH original cub cadet also a longer time ago.

Latest posts

Back