• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to IH Cub Cadet Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sold QA36A snow blower part needed

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the belt tensioner bolt assembly that I can buy? I purchased a snow blower and the adjustment assembly has the threads messed up on the adjustment bolt and I can’t tighten the pulley.

Attachments

• 4DE60BAC-DBB9-4885-9B1E-D15143569B2B.jpeg
    4DE60BAC-DBB9-4885-9B1E-D15143569B2B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2
  • A0A48204-B1D1-4D2B-AB6D-4B0866A16601.jpeg
    A0A48204-B1D1-4D2B-AB6D-4B0866A16601.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 45D9E28A-B266-4188-A31A-4E9F0AB46737.png
    45D9E28A-B266-4188-A31A-4E9F0AB46737.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
I had to put heat on the round adjuster nut to get it to move. In fact I had to keep re heating it to get it to move. As you can see from the photos, I had to grab it with vise grips to hold it tight enough to get it to move. If I knew the thread count, I would order and left handed thread tap and die and clean the threads up. It does has a section of pulled threads, that section must have been down when I took the picture.

I dont think there is really any reason to loosen that nut. The only thing it does is push against the frame when your loosening the belt to take it off so that the gearbox will move instead of the bolt threading out. Just needs to be loose enough for the adjustor bolt to turn.

I dont think there is really any reason to loosen that nut. The only thing it does is push against the frame when your loosening the belt to take it off so that the gearbox will move instead of the bolt threading out. Just needs to be loose enough for the adjustor bolt to turn.
where are you located, I have a qa36 blower minus the gearbox

Mine was froze up also when I bought it. Had a new one made at a machine shop for $30.

Sorry maybe I'm looking at the wrong nut....🤪

jbland I'm in central Iowa but I'm pretty well fixed for snow removal at the moment.

Back