• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

QA-42A help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Lamp

Hey everyone! Last night I won a pretty good looking QA-42A snowblower at a local auction. I paid way too much for it because locally I have not been able to source one without having to drive a couple of hours to get it. What size belt do I need to grab for it for my 1200? Also what kind of maintenance do they need? Anything I need to do to get it ready for the winter? Also I realize buying a snowblower in May is insane but I would like to make sure that I have one and have time to fix it up if needed. Thanks! I will be picking it up Saturday morning so I have not laid eyes on it yet.

Does your 1200 have a creeper?
These throwers need to be run at WOT (wide open throttle) to really work effectively. A creeper slows down the travel speed @ WOT and aids in throwing deep snow and avoids over lugging the engine. You will probably be OK wityh out one in snow that is not too deep. These throwers work best at WOT and full snow load. Not so much in wet heavy stuff though
Here's your belt info.

Ref:
IH-55053-C1
Belt, Main Drive -For Cadet Tractors 700 thru 1650
1684411841029.png

Last edited:
Does your 1200 have a creeper?
These throwers need to be run at WOT (wide open throttle) to really work effectively. A creeper slows down the travel speed @ WOT and aids in throwing deep snow and avoids over lugging the engine. You will probably be OK wityh out one in snow that is not too deep. These throwers work best at WOT and full snow load. Not so much in wet heavy stuff though
Here's your belt info.

Ref:
IH-55053-C1
Belt, Main Drive -For Cadet Tractors 700 thru 1650
View attachment 154072
It does have a creeper, but the handle is broken and the previous owner safety wired it into high, I still need to take the tunnel cover off and see if it works.

Get that fixed and you should be ready to rock 'n' throw!!
Be aware though, that the creeper is considered by many to be the weakest part of the drive train.
Good luck!
That’s what I’ve heard, I’m hoping it’s in good shape and hopefully I will be able to service it this summer.

Hey everyone! Last night I won a pretty good looking QA-42A snowblower at a local auction. I paid way too much for it because locally I have not been able to source one without having to drive a couple of hours to get it. What size belt do I need to grab for it for my 1200? Also what kind of maintenance do they need? Anything I need to do to get it ready for the winter? Also I realize buying a snowblower in May is insane but I would like to make sure that I have one and have time to fix it up if needed. Thanks! I will be picking it up Saturday morning so I have not laid eyes on it yet.
1684418106239.png

Back