• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

QA 36A snowthrower modifications?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpramas

displayname
Matthew Pramas
I recently purchased a QA 36A snow thrower attachment for my narrow frame model 123. It is supposed to fit both narrow and wide frames. Once I brought it home I realized that it did not fit my tractor. There is a peg on the snow thrower bracket where there should be a hole to fit mine. I did a little bit of research and I found out that my serial number is too low. I was wondering if drilling out this peg will fix my problems. Are there any other variables that I am not considering? Does it make more sense to sell it and try to find a normal QA snow thrower that fits narrow frames? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Matthew: Welcome to the Forum.
groupwave.gif

I think you can post your question on the Main Forum, it might get a better response there. A picture would also help. I'm posting the diagram from Parts Lookup that I pulled from the Attachments section for the 123: you're right, the QA-36A is listed as being an option for your tractor. Can you reference the drawing about where you're having an issue? From your description, versus the drawing that I found, I can't figure out where the problem might be. But then, I don't run a blower, those who do may be able to pin-point the issue in a heart beat.

252788.gif

Matthew and Jeremiah - yes the main Forum is better location for this question. I've seen it before actually with a 122 (manual drive version of a 123) and the "non-suffix A" thrower. I believe the problem is just about where the no.7 points to in the diagram. It's definitely with that mounting frame part. The 123 does not have the quick attach latch and so needs to use 2 bolts on each side of the frame attachment. The thrower has a pin sticking out at about the location with Matthew needs a hole for bolting. The pin cannot be removed or there will be no place to attach the bar shown as no. 18 in the parts diagram. I don't believe the non-suffix A version thrower has this upper bar. I do however believe there is still a way to attach the thrower and use it. It may involve drilling a hole but the basic frame is still the same as the later Quick Attach latch versions so there must be a way to do this. I wouldn't go selling the thrower yet.

Back