Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

PULLEY

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

gpapa

displayname
Papa
Does anyone have a procedure for straightening a bent pulley? I have a NF hydraulic lift pulley that has a wobble in it. Thanks, Greg

dross

displayname
Dave Ross
Greg, I've acually seen a video on this. It had a guy on the line with a fare sized hammer. As the pulley spun he'd hold the hammer next to the pulley to determine where it needed to be hit, get his timing down and he'd smack that pulley. only had to do it a couple times and it came out pretty good. Good luck, if you get a chance have somebody do a video. The video I saw was on a combine Walker drive. I tried it on the big pulley on an electric cement mixer years ago and it didnt go so well.
happy.gif

mmasheris

displayname
Michael A.Masheris
put it on a piece of shaft in a lathe and run against tool post then hit the high spot thats how i straighten the steering wheels from Originals and 70s.

dcalkins

displayname
DAVID A CALKINS
with out being in a lathe ,its hard to do ,i would have a fix pointer ,and roll the pulley to the low side ,and pry out ,each time checking for true .hope this helps

rschreck

displayname
Richard Schreck
Where can I find used parts for an "Original?"

mfrade

displayname
Mike Frade
Richard, just above your want ad - there are rectangular ads, Both Houtz and CC Specialties should have what you want.