• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Pulled the hydro on my 125,now I have questions?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsarow

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Dean W.Sarow
I pulled the hydro to clean and inspect.Yes it needs a good degreasing.The valves are free,no leaks,should I do anything to them?The cooling fan is aluminum, no broken blades.But even tho it has two set screws holding it on,it unusually turns with some sort of friction connection.Explain that please!The coiled spring goes thru a coupling arm,it has a bit of slop.Should I replace the arm,pin or shaft or leave it?What should you look for while inspecting the flex disc?Lastly what is the purpose of the air baffle plate?Thanks guys,I just want to get it right.

Replace any worn or broken parts because it will only get worse.
Did you split the tractor to access these areas?
Good time to service the hydro as well with fluid and filter change.
It has, more than likely, never been torn down that far,
If the spirol pins are worn into the driveshaft and/or couplings, front and/or rear
it's a good sign they need replaced.
If the rag joint is warped, bent, frayed or skewed all out of alignment replace it as well for it will only
induce more vibrations into the driveline proper leading to more issues down the road.
Do this once and do it right and this little machine will be good for another 40+yrears
Good luck!

Thanks David for your reply,in fact thanks for the numerous times I've read here about others having a question or problem.I did separate the unit,thanks to Billy-O 's suggestion,I put the wheels back on as I realized this Old Man couldn't lift the unit.Yes the hub with the pin is wore,I've got PB blaster on it as the pins probably never been out.Since,thanks to Charlie,this summer I replaced front hub ,and went to one of his oversized pins.I'm looking now at doing the shaft and rear hub and pin,any body elses suggestions?

David covered it quite well. While you have it apart check the trunion slot for wear, it's likely going to need to be welded up or repaired in some fashion. There are new pieces available that be welded on to replace the worn slot, or the worn slot can be welded up and reinforced. Many ways to go about it. Here's some links to the CubFAQ on it:

Hydro Lurch

Trunion Repair

Back