• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Pull Type Sickle Bar Mower

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, all, I should give proper credit for that photo of the Cub Cadet with all the wheel weights, and the two others posted here, they were taken by Tim Delooza. Here's some text from Tim about it from an email exchange he and I had some years back:

[QUOTE
Sunday, January 06, 2013 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: Cub Cadet wheel weights

Kraig, It's good to hear from you and yes it's been to long. Sorry for my delayed response.

I believe the first picture I saw like this was ether from Steve B. or one of the Sell brothers of a father/grandfather at a fair that had weighted their tractor for pulling. The picture a back view of the tractor and small and black and white. I did it to the SS once and took the pictures I think you're thinking of (see attached). There were 17 weights per side. I drove it out the garage door, it just cleared each side, around in a circle then back into the garage and took them off.

You can certainly use these pictures how ever you like.

If I can be of any other help, just let me know.

Tim
[/QUOTE]

Sharp eyes, (Hydro Harry especially) will notice some unique details with Tim's custom Cub Cadet that he calls "SS", have fun looking.

P1010038.jpg
P1010039.jpg

You know Kraig - I'm not sure I can tell the tale with the SS. I see a popped out area on the side of the frame so have to think it's 147 (which was the only frame to have that). But it also looks like there is supposed to be a center frame cover that's missing - it could just be that Tim popped it out to accommodate the gear shift tranny. I also see the narrow frame rear lift with the 1x6/7 frame adapter so the frame has to be a 147. The engine is either a 14hp or 16hp because the flywheel shroud barely clears that popped out area on the frame. It also has a deep air cleaner style which was used on a 16hp. The dash pedestal and hood surely must be from a 70, and that could be where the rearend is from since you can see the manual gear shift. The fenders have the seat mount plate (tool-box style) from a 1x6/7 BUT the tail light lenses are the 1x8/9 or QL style (which are like the price of GOLD right now - DANG!!!!).

That's about as much as I can make out. Should be a real nice pulling rig. Wonder if Tim ever tried it again since his post says he just drove it out of the garage in a circle and then back in and took the weights off.

Another thing - Tim mentions 17 weights per side which calculates to 884 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy Moly, I don't think anything would stop it.

Hydro, aka "eagle eye" I knew you'd spot a bunch of stuff! If I recall from the post where I originally saw those photos, it was on the old IH Registry forum, he mentioned that the rims were starting to bend. Did you happen to notice the front (JD or perhaps Bolens?) wheel weights or the SS emblem in the grill?

The dash tower is of the 102, 122, 123 series. Look at the dash decal. Also notice the short tower. The frame also has the high cover running up under the tower, unlike the 70/100 frame.
Looking at the front view of the tractor, you can see the weights on the right side are beginning to sag.

Last edited:
Gol-dern-it Marty - I think you're right about the dash pedestal because of the decal. Kinda hard to see the steering wheel to see if that's an acorn nut holding it which is why I was thinking it was a 70, besides the hood decal.

Back