• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Proud new cub cadet owner!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dzubrzycki

displayname
daniel zubrzycki
Hello out there, I am pleased to announce that i am the proud new owner of a 1970 107. Best i can decphier the year i had to go by the engine serial numbers so it could be a 71. My reasearch on this tractor tells me they only made 107's 69,70,71 Let me get to the best part, I was riding down the road an see a yard sale. So i stoped to check it out an i noticed a bunch of tractors in a barn well what first caught my eye was a pull behind cart. So the gentle man showed me the cart and there it was cub cadet in the back of the barn flat tires an he said the hydro was locked up. So i traded a 1996 yard man Running with deck problems an Varator issue's an steering issues for the cub an the pull behind cart!!!! And both rear wheel turn on the cub the tire were flat so that why i think he thought the hydro was locked up. I do have few questions about the cub tho Where should the serial number for the tractor be located? only serial number i could find was on the deck 42 1 u 1113 wut ever that means. And how do you check the hydro Fluid? And any advice would be appericated ive worked on Wheel horse, John deere, Allis Chalmers, Jacobsen. I have to say Cub cadets are my favorite . But any insite on wut i should do far as Starting it for first time, It looks like it has not ran in sevral years The wiring is Toast Steering is Tight i notice some Front axle play when i turn the steering wheel the hydro lever moves easy I jumped starter the motor does turn over no spark tho probaly not geting power to the coil well any insite would be appericated

Hi Daniel Z: Welcome.

1) Your Cub Cadet Model 107 is a Garden Tractor (GT) <u>not</u> a Tractor style Lawn Mower (LT).

2) The IH Cub Cadet Garden Tractor thread is the first one at the top of the index page...

3) You will get a lot better answers to your inquiries about your Model 107 Garden Tractor there.

4) The Tractor serial number on the Model 107 should be found at the rear of the tractor, on the differential housing just to the left of the differential housing back plate. There will be a riveted tag (vertical)which will begin with IH Kind/code for a Model 107: 2050038Uxxxxx. The xxxxx = the numerals of the one-up serial number.

5) The Deck tag tells you that you have a 42" deck and the version..that is not a serial number.

6) Hydro fluid is checked by removing the pipe plug on the back plate. Fluid should be up to the bottom of the plug hole. However, you should immediately obtain a new backplate gasket, a new Hydrostatic filter and 7 quarts of Hydrostatic fluid from your nearest Cub Cadet Dealer, remove the back plate, draining all the old fluid, clean out the interior of the differential housing (that yucky gloop is the HyTran doing its moisture/water encapsulation job), remove and replace the filter, clean the gasket surfaces, reinstall the back plate using the new gasket, and through the pipe plug hole pour in 7 quarts of IH specified HyTran fluid. This fluid is available from any Case/IH (CNH) dealer or at a slightly higher cost from Cub Cadet as Hydraulic Transmisison (red stripe label) fluid. It's the same stuff. HyTran is a former IH trademark, now owned by CNH and can't be used by Cub Cadet. Do not ever use any other brand of hydro fluid!!

7) Then drive your 107 around....and/or ask some more questions on the proper thread....

8) Promptly order the Operators Manual, Service Manual, and the Parts Manual from www.binderbooks.com (you will also find their link in a pretty colored box at the top of the page...

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom.com

Daniel, welcome!
groupwave.gif
However your Cub Cadet 107 is a Garden Tractor so posts regarding it should be in the main "IH Cub Cadet Forum" Many of your questions may have already been answered in the FAQ and/or in Charlie's Cub FAQ Have a quick look through those and if you don't find the answers you are looking for, or if you need clarification we're glad to help out. Be sure to post in the main forum though so more people see your post. This area is for the Cadet Lawn Tractors not the Cub Cadet Garden Tractors.

i cant find what year this tractor is hi351530-r7 s/n 5225 or 6225

238128.jpg

William, thats an original, You can ask any question over on the main board for garden tractors.

Back