• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Propane conversion kit ?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

20220628_175236.jpg

I have a Kohler engine on a generator that the carb was converted to LP. I think the only difference is the jet is sized different. Need to get it back to gas so I can use it.

It was hooked up to a 1/2" pipe that was fed from a 250 gallon propane tank in a business. Kinda modified right much, and some parts on the carb got missing while it sat for several years. I can get a new carb, and what parts it will take to get it back to normal for less than $100.
They were no longer using it, and wanted it gone on one of their "clean up for company coming" rants. I helped them out! :errrr:
They did not let me have the 300 gallon reserve air tank they had hooked up to it. The tank is now laying outside rusting away. :drool2:

I told y'all Charlie has about everything! :yikes: :roflol:

I converted my old Chevy to propane back in 1987. I work for a propane company so I get a discount lol

Attachments

• A1D0CC96-7481-4063-86AA-56EDD66ABBDC.jpeg
    A1D0CC96-7481-4063-86AA-56EDD66ABBDC.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 0F824F9F-F215-4534-ABDE-F27CE6D37005.jpeg
    0F824F9F-F215-4534-ABDE-F27CE6D37005.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 0
How does that tank work out with rear attachments? :scratchhead:

Why do some of the "smilies" flash on and off?

As a rule of thumb, if you move the decimal on the water capacity in lbs over one number, that will give you the capacity of the gallons of gas a tank will hold. This twenty lb tank will hold 4.7 gallons of LP gas

Attachments

• 5AB0B9CB-3D4D-4C9D-BE8C-76A8D914E9CE.jpeg
    5AB0B9CB-3D4D-4C9D-BE8C-76A8D914E9CE.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 0
Ok, so the obvious question is..."what's the downside?"
I mean, if you mount a decent tank and it lasts quite some time, keep a spare on hand, oil and cylinder stays clean...why wouldn't we want to convert all our lawn tractors to propane?
I see how it will impede with standard rear mount attachments but where there's a will there's a way (and possibly a decent engineer)...

There are modern conversion kits available to convert any small engine to propane. Don’t know if if the factory kits are still available though? I haven’t used one in years. I need to look at it also. As gas is getting too expensive. On my old Chevy it has 300,000 miles and it being old style gen one engine, at 5,000 miles on oil you can still read the writing on the dipstick. Propane is 100+ octane but less btus than gasoline. It’s a weaker on my pickup but I run it duel fuel I can switch it from LP gas to gasoline with the flip of a switch but I have to leave the timing set for gasoline. Since the governor controls the timing on small engines it’s shouldn’t have much of a deference. The small engines I have converted for the company, they run transfer pumps (compressors) to move propane from tank to tank. Never did one for small tractor though.

Back