• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Progress Pics Disassembly

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraigClickner

Hi All

Thought I'd post some progress pics. Disassembly is proceeding at a rapid pace (well, as rapid as it can be considering all the other stuff I have going on in my life.

All I have left is removal of the linkages and the driveshaft and transmission. Then all the sheetmetal will get pressure washed and bead blasted, followed by primer and paint. Engine will be refurbished (or rebuilt, depending on condition), and then the transaxle will get a thorough going-over.

I'm also going to try to make my own wiring harness for it at some point. The existing harness is serviceable...but ugly.

Any thoughts from the experts?
20200928_160235_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20200928_160159_copy_1209x1612.jpg
20200928_160148_copy_1209x1612.jpg

Last edited:
It is possible to make the wiring harness yourself, but if you are truly after making a correct one, it will cost more to do so unless you already have the special crimper for the Packard 56 terminals that are used on the ignition switch connector and a couple other places.

Looks like you have a nice big space to work in. Nice progress.

Craig - Great progress! As long as you've got it all apart, I recommend you remove the steering column and inspect/rebuild the steering box, too. (Maybe that's part of the "linkages" that you already have planned.)

Back