• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Postal delivery problems

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happens to me rather frequently. I’ve two “homes.” When I get my mail forwarded, they are usually a week late. I can understand that, but I don’t understand sending some mail back to the sender saying I’ve left town leaving no forwarding address. They seem to particularly enjoy doing that with credit card bills. I called them once about the problem ( yes, I actually found the number. It took a search warrant, but I got it!) and the employee assured me the postmistress would return my call on Saturday morning. That was two years ago. Still waiting….

First class Christmas Card delivery , sent 12/ 22 delivered 4/ 15 ( 50 miles ) . Birthday Card 6 days ( 20 miles) and there are more ( a stack ).
The thing they have in common is they all have to go through the mail processing center in Sandston, VA.

I can't remember where I found this but it seems relevant here:

Capture.jpg

In all seriousness, postal delivery here hasn't been too big a deal, granted our mailbox is out beside the road instead of up a long driveway. Most of our issues lie in whoever delivers the mail. She has a habit of digging trenches in front of people's mailboxes because she locks the wheels up when she brakes! Basically every house on our end of the road has a 4-6" trench dug in front of the mailbox because of her doing this.

My neighbor has it worse though, because he has a dog. For some reason she hates the dog, and in the past has skipped right past his mailbox entirely to avoid the dog. She also skips a few other mailboxes just to be sure, which, of course includes ours. Supposedly she's also dropped his mail in other people's mailboxes to make them give him his mail. On top of all that, they stuck a big paw print sticker on his mailbox to "mark" that he has a dog. Not a single other house on the road has this, despite half of them having dogs!!

They really need to hire a new driver for our route. Occasionally you'll see someone different do the route, who does it without issue and doesn't lock the wheels up braking!

My road got ground and repaved a few months back and they came back and put a skirt along the new edge with some loose millings. I'll be darned if there ain't a trench there even through those millings...ha ha!

For 20 years we had a great rural mail carrier. In the last year have had several different carriers. Not sure if they ever found a full time person for this route. I think a couple did not realize what it is like to drive 300 miles a day with 98% on rock roads. Fills the vehicle with dust, eats up tires and brakes with all the stops. One day the carrier will have a white Jeep, next day a silver mini van, then a white Buick sedan, then a Dodge Dakota that takes 40 A to turn around. One day our mail is here at 11 am. Next day it might be 3 pm. If there is no mail for us they may not come by at all since we are on the end of a 1-1/4 mile road. We have just learned to live with it as changing it is next to impossible.

Never ever had an issue at my previous home. In fact the mail woman would drive up the driveway with a package that wouldn't fit in the box. I had a screened in porch she would drop it in. Lived in that house for 30 years. Nothing but happy with the service. This new home, many miles away, is very different. Packages that can fit in the box are brought back to the post office. I get a note that says they are there but in my rural town, the P. O. is only open a few odd hours. Not to mention mailbox flags are constantly breaking off many mailboxes. It's not kids doing pranks, it's got to be this mail guy just puts them down with aggression. Mine broke twice in one year. I think it's time to weld up a beast of a flag.

We can usually tell when our mailman is leaving by the slamming of the box door. Door stop chain has been broken twice by them jerking it open and letting it drop. I have one of the large mail boxes, old heavy steel and they still tear it up.

Had a part ordered that was to be delivered yesterday. Tracking show it left in the mail box at 2:15. Had a package delivered at that time but not the one they said they delivered. Maybe today they will find it. Happened before and I called the PO. PM said she would ask him when he came in as she had no way to contact him before. I asked if she ever herd of cell phones ? ? Hour later the carrier put my part in my box.

Most of the time i receive my packages on time and in good condition. But last year they lost an $ 86 Tool and after filling out paperwork 2 times nothing was done to compensate me. A month ago i received an air cleaner housing for a mini bike that looked like they drove over it. Took it to shipper and they said it wasn't packaged correctly....What.... Last week i had to send a plastic Air cleaner lid to NV and it cost me $ 107 so they are getting well paid imo. And some of the drivers are thugs and criminals i don't like on my property eyeing the candy.

Sent a Registered letter to Houston , TX. It took 19 days , the old time Pony Express would have covered the distance in 6 days . Currently awaiting confirmation on a regular letter to Houston that was mailed the 1st of November .

:censored2:Most of the time i receive my packages on time and in good condition. But last year they lost an $ 86 Tool and after filling out paperwork 2 times nothing was done to compensate me. A month ago i received an air cleaner housing for a mini bike that looked like they drove over it. Took it to shipper and they said it wasn't packaged correctly....What.... Last week i had to send a plastic Air cleaner lid to NV and it cost me $ 107 so

Sent a Registered letter to Houston , TX. It took 19 days , the old time Pony Express would have covered the distance in 6 days . Currently awaiting confirmation on a regular letter to Houston that was mailed the 1st of November .
You may be onto something...maybe we should invest in horses! (Before they regulate that too!)

A small outfit that is operating as delivery service here in the Midwest is Spee-dee. Have had several packages delivered in great shape and on time. Bought a Polaris 500 single cylinder engine from Norhtern MN. Came packed in a plastic shipping container. 80 lbs shipping weight. Driver took it out the side door of the van and set it on the sidewalk, grabbed is dolly and asked where I wanted it. I told him down in the basement He said lead the way. Have never had a shipping service do any more than unload it.

Just remember, the US Postal Service is the worst managed business in the US, and has been for decades. Congress just keeps throwing money at them to keep them afloat. They keep raising rates, while they keep lowering the level of service and they lose untold millions every single year.

A small outfit that is operating as delivery service here in the Midwest is Spee-dee. Have had several packages delivered in great shape and on time. Bought a Polaris 500 single cylinder engine from Norhtern MN. Came packed in a plastic shipping container. 80 lbs shipping weight. Driver took it out the side door of the van and set it on the sidewalk, grabbed is dolly and asked where I wanted it. I told him down in the basement He said lead the way. Have never had a shipping service do any more than unload it.

Charlie uses Spee-dee when he can.

I know Dad ordered some parts from Charlie, they cam Spee-Dee and got there WAF faster than any other service…. and the biggest thing is they actually got there…. LOL

WOW, that is really great of service w/Speedee-delivery. that driver went above and beyond, i trust you made contact w/the shipping center to praise him. i might not tell them he went into your house, but tell them he was a GREAT driver. by all means, we never had bad service w/them. they are very good and less money than the white or brown trucks for in the area they deliver in. in this day and age, people are so quick to bitch and p/ss & moan about bad service, i dont believe enough is said for the "really" good service.

The ground around my mailbox looks like a snow storm in the summer what with all the cigarette buts!
My box is side by side on a post with the neighbors box.

We live on a dead end street and it's on the corner where it meets the main road.

Aly light pkg's that do not fit in the box they just set on top between the two.

But if it's way big or heavy, or inclement weather they will bring it to the driveway and set it in front of the garage door orjust inside the door.
If I have something large and/or heavy I put a card in the box stating so and that the pkg or pkg's are at the house. No issues so far
We have rural carrier here in town having lost our post office in this little burg, pop. 700+, 20 years ago. Sure do miss it.

I recently received 2 packages on the same day. USPS put them both into our mailbox, or at least, attempted to. Upon arriving home one of two was laying in the road. Not to mention the other package, which was supposed to arrive a couple days earlier, came from New Jersey, went into New York, then went back out of New York and to New Jersey again, only to then finally make it here.

This year in general was plagued with issues on behalf of USPS. Leaving packages just outside in the open, in the rain, with no care. Our mailbox is cracked because they shoved a small box into it that was just slightly too big. On top of everything else, the ground in front of nearly every mailbox on our street is still torn up and dug down into a trench, because for years, the driver that does our street slams on the brakes and locks up the tires skidding to a halt.

Must be certain areas I guess. If our deliverer can't get something into the mailbox,she will drive up the driveway and bring it to the house. She just replaced our now retired driver...but she is just as good. I've never had any complaints with the USPS.

Back