• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Postal delivery problems

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dray

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Donny Ray
Is anyone having problems getting packages delivered from usps? I am. They started a new no backup policy in my area and are no longer deliver my packages. They are rude people who just met there match. They’ve delivered to my house for 15 years and now have stopped? Guess it’s because My house is 475 feet from the street. I questioned them about it and told them I paid for the packages to be delivered to my house. There response was no you paid for delivery close to you? The post office is 15 miles away. I told them if they weren’t going to deliver they should probably leave it to the professionals. She said we can’t backup, I told her that backing up is a basic requirement to obtain a driver license. Time to get the tv and politicians involved.

What I've noticed is they're leaving the truck at the road...but they've at least been walking the package up. I talked to a driver and told him he could spin the truck around in my yard but he said he couldn't do it.

After all this time delivering they stopped. My drive is pretty much flat and concrete up at the house with a concrete back up. Far better than a dead end St. across the way that they back up at everyday. There attitude was what really makes me angry. I have a friend that’s a postal worker in another county, told me they can backup as long as it’s less than 50’. The person coming to look at the drive got quiet when I told them it’s less than the 50’ restriction. We’ll see how it goes? They were careful not to tell me or ask me about the 50’ portion of the rule, but just told me they can’t backup, dishonest from the start.

Most of my packages come via UPS but the problems with the post office go far beyond packages. I had a package that required I sign for at delivery. The person delivering it couldn't get down my road that day because of construction so what do they do, they give it to 1 of the construction crew who says he will take it to me. I never got it. When I confronted them about it they ended up paying for my item out of their pocket so they wouldn't get fired. I had to reorder. I still filed a complaint but of no use because they are still working there. I mailed off my bill payments for June and the post office lost all 4 mailings. Was told that they are not responsible for lost mail and that won't reimburse me for any losses such as late fees or even the cost of the stamps I used. I have gone to direct payment. What do I pay for when I buy and use the stamps? It is for them to provide a service. If they can't do it then why use them.

Donny - geez I hope you get some help and do get your delivery service again. However, when you catch this quasi-Gov't agency breaking their own rules they very likely will change the rules.

I'd also like to add that it was a couple decades ago when I had a friend of a friend that worked for the USPS. At that time he claimed the Post Office never looses anything. It may just take some time to show up. Fast forward to current and I'd like to know where a set of my son's IH wheel weights ended up? And a couple Creepers another time. I have to admit I've never had these problems with packages thru UPS or FedEx. I wonder if it's time to completely get the Gov't fingers out of the Post Office?

Ooh, and one more thing I'd like to add. Just came in the mail today:

thumbnail.jpg

To add, if you pay for expedited service and the package is incorrectly routed and it takes longer than the time frame allotted to the service you are paying for - good luck. UPS routed a letter that I NDA'd here in central PA and 3 days later it finally arrived. I contacted UPS about it and wanted charged the standard ground fee. UPS refused and stated that due to "circumstances beyond their control", they were not liable for the compensation due the the fuel charges they incurred transporting the letter...
I would like to know how placing my letter in the wrong trailer from the hub in New Stanton PA and sending it to Vermont instead of the right trailer that was heading 1.5 hrs to Harrisburg east of me was out of their control?

PS, read the fine print concerning guaranteed expedited services - whole list of reasons including delays incurred by weather, traffic, route construction / closures, travel bans, disasters, protests, civil protests / demonstrations / unrest or simply the generic "circumstances beyond control" that indemnifies the carrier...

I see I'm not the only one having trouble. I live 700 ft. from the road, so UPS just throws my package down beside the driveway at the road.

Had some bills to go MIA around election time. Quite often my mailbox door is left open, and I get my neighbor's mail.
I usually don't get any mail but about once or twice a week, and then I get a lot. Wish I could work one or two days a week and get paid for all week!

Several years ago I made a turn around my driveway so that UPS trucks could safely come and go because it was obvious that backing down my steep drive wasn't a great plan. Not long after that an ambulance had to come and thank goodness the driveway and turn around were able to handle that big vehicle.
That was my fix for a delivery problem that I had created. If it is dangerous or excessively time-consuming to the delivery folks it is up to the customer to fix the problem (within reason, of course). UPS drivers are some of the hardest working folks out there and are very high on my list.

Still no response from the post office. Sent email to the politicians. Thinking of using the system rules and opening up a branch of my father-in-laws lawnmower shop

Oh I did get a email from the post master general office, saying they were glad my issue had been resolved? They think they know everything and don’t know anything. I’ve Been driving a truck since 1986 over 4 million miles logged, I’ve probably spilled more coffee in the floorboard than they put gas in the tank.

The biggest insult is, they keep raising prices. Interesting math, hmm we are losing business to the competition, we need to make money so let's raise prices to beat up the people that are still using us. Gov't...they are too distant from reality

USPS is a private company, subsidized by the politicians with tax payer $$. Their problems are not just in one area either. Nation wide. Any real reason why we can't have a reliable company run the show with 3 days a week delivery, like Monday, Wednesday & Friday. ? ? If it was reliable would be better than what we have.

USPS is a private company, subsidized by the politicians with tax payer $$. Their problems are not just in one area either. Nation wide. Any real reason why we can't have a reliable company run the show with 3 days a week delivery, like Monday, Wednesday & Friday. ? ? If it was reliable would be better than what we have.

The same politicians who fund, also demand the 7 days delivery program. And yes, quasi government/private entity. They've been "downsizing" for decades, and then last year they get called out for not having staff to move ballots fast enough. Just another political punching bag! And I have 5 members of family who work or worked there. A couple of them pretty high up. The ugly stories are simply mind numbing!

Back