• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

PortAlign Drill Guide

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchamberlin

displayname
Jeremiah Chamberlin
The PortAlign Tool Company made a drill guide marketed by Sears & Roebuck. It allows for "portable" 90 degree drilling, as well as any angle desired by extending one or both upright stays. The stops control drilling depth and the integral V-blocks make drilling rounds a piece of cake (although scoring the round does help steady the bit when starting).

293635.jpg

293636.jpg

Jeremiah C. That would sure have been helpful at times. How did you come across it?

Jeremiah, had one of those when I was a late teenager. I remember stealing the chuck off my first drill to use it. It was a pretty slick device. It went and got lost some where in the last 50 years !
dunno.gif

Marlin: I bought it a long time ago because I thought it was cool, and I had an immediate use for it.

Allen: I stumbled across it when I was cleaning out some old boxes packed up on a previous move. Basically, I had mis-placed it for at least 15 years.
smile.gif

This looks very similar to the General Tool's Drill Guide. I am going to order one from Amazon.
I think it will work good.

Forget the general drill guide-IT IS NOT WORTHY OF PRECISE DRILL GUIDE STATUS! Keep the mixer.

Latest posts

Back