• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Please help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jharder

displayname
Jim Harder
I hope im in the right area to ask this.I have a 1984 582 special im trying to mount a 2b tiller on the problem is since it has the cast rearend the mounting for the gearbox has nothing to bolt to.Is ther other brackets i need or can it even be put on there? Thanks for your time and info

ok thanks looks like part number cc_29_102 and cc_29_101 if im reading it right. thanks for your time

Charlie,
OK ether i miss understood you or im kinda slow. I order those parts and they will not help. Do you or anyone you know have a diagram on how this works? Thanks for your time?

Jim H.
I Misread! Sorry man.
I missed the Cast Iron part, LOL
You need nothing other than to bolt the tiller gearbox bracket to the rear end.

Charlie,
There in nothing on the rearend to bolt to. Unless your talking about bolting it to the frame rails.If I had any idea on how to get pictures from a camra to my email then to you i would. But I Have no clue. Thanks Jim

We've got tiller manuals in the manuals section.
Download this and see what I'm talking about.
CLICK HERE

250597.jpg

Charlie,
Man I wish I knew how to get a picture to you. Cuz the rearend in mine is made nothing like that.Now if it was going on my 782 682 982 or any other one i wouldnt of asked. Sorry to bother you I will just give up the idea of putting it on the 582.Thanks Jim

If it has a cast iron rear end, it's EXACTLY like the picture I posted, only black in color!
ALL cast iron rear ends in Cubs are the SAME!

Put a magnet to the side of it and tell me if it sticks.

The 582 SPECIAL has a PEERLESS transmission, not an IH 3 speed (16hp version of a 482,1100,etc...also same as a 1604), so the tiller gear box isn't going to bolt up to the rear end.

An '84 would have also had the AL rear end, not the cast iron one, so it wouldn't have worked for that either.

Unfortunately, you are left with the need to fabricate to get this combination to work.

Steve B.
Your right, but with Jim not knowing exactly what he has, it's hard to say what the PO may have done.

That being said,
Jim,
Does the a$$end of yours look like this?
250607.jpg

Assuming you can clear the bottom of the Peerless with the belt, one option may be to install a different rear frame cover with the drawbar cut off of it and the tiller gearbox bolted right to the rear plate.......

BUT,

How will you lift the tiller with no IH 3pt/sleeve hitch installed on the Peerlees equipped tractors???

This is getting pretty complicated if it is a 582 Special.......

Steve,
It's not pretty complicated! It's a LOT complicated.
It's pretty much one of those, "This ain't gonna happen" deals, I'm afraid.

Charlie,
Yes there rearend dose look like the one of the tractor on the trailer. It is cast or some fourm of IRON. Or this is the first time I saw alum rust like steel. Thanks for all the information guys. Jim

Good morning, All. According to Kraig M.'s post here Kraig's 8:16 a.m. POST YES indeed the 582 was avaialbe with a sleeve hitch as an option. And if one further checks down the list unless it is a misprint then the CAT) three point was also an option.

ok
lets show some pictures
i have a 482 that i have spent years getting all available options and the hardest part to get was the transmission bracket to allow the installation of the sleeve hitch
Charlie was here.
250954.jpg

Back