• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Please help

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
then there is the rear view

250965.jpg

Charlie was here.
250966.jpg

Jon S. Sweet!!! THANK YOU for posting those pictures. It kind of makes me want to get an 1100 with a 12 hp Kohler repower and put one of those on just to show that the tractors with the Peerless transmissions made by Cub Cadet were still considered Garden tractors. I know that AAron may not sell hundreds of those parts however it would be neat to know that he had them available. Over the years I've owned and sold two 482s and now have the opportunity to purchase a really nice 1100. It may be belt driven however so was the first model Cub Cadet. And it would be neat to take to a Plow Day just to have something different.

Jon,
Who is AAron and how do I get ahold of him to ether buy or build one?Thanks Jim

Jon, is your rig a hydro lift or a manual lift.
How about a close up picture of the rear of your tractor.

I don't think this is going to be cheap in either case

Dave S.

Jim H. I've heard from one individual that a few years back sent his only piece to Aaron so that Aaron could take measurements to build reproductions of that same piece. Aaron was very careful in handling the part and sent it back in a very timely manner to this individual. With that said.... You will have to probably be in contact with BOTH Jon Slayton and Aaron (CLICK HERE) to have Jon ship his pieces to Aaron to take measurements and then Aaron will ship them back to Jon (again in a very timely manner and NOT be damaged in any way). Then Aaron would be able to make you (and others) those hard to find parts. <font size="-2">I'm hoping that he does begin making those because I'm sure there is a demand even though small for those parts.</font>

Marlin,
I emailed Aaron to ask him if he could do any good just waiting to here back. I know I am making this harder than it needs to be but with red power being only 30 miles from me next june I am wanting to take a semi load of cubs there with all the avalible attachments. All though buying another cub wouldnt upset me. Thanks jim

my 482 was purchased new in 1982, it is badged from the factory with all the ih emblems but does have a cub cadet corp serial number tag. i mowed 2 acres with a 38in deck until 2004 when the balance gears came apart. at that time i installed a 12hp kohler magnum and modeled it after a 1204 that i owned at that time. the kohler has worked flawlessly since the install. originally it had not one option. it now wears a new old stock light kit, amp gauge, hour meter, sleeve hitch and adapter, spring assist for the manual lift, bar tires, and ih wheel weights.

Jim H. and Jon S. A hearty BIG THANK YOU to BOTH of you guys for helping bring to light this.

Jim H. Never feel that you're putting too much effort into this. It's guys like you and Jon S. that help us ALL discover forgotten details about our beloved Cub Cadets. With your initial question followed by Kraig M.'s posting of the optional attachments and then Jon's actual pictures just look how much more that has been shared with literally the world. So, with that said ... Once again BOTH of you gentlemen please keep us posted here on getting some of those NLA or Hard to FIND parts into reproduction status.
happy.gif

To those that are wondering,
I have been in contact with Aaron via email. He says he can make a plate that will make it all work. Now iI do not know if it will look like what is pictured below waiting to hear on that part. But it dose sound like I will be able to get the tiller on it. Thanks for everyones time Jim

Good evening, I found a bracket that is like the one in Jslaytons pictures and got the tiller on the tractor in question. My only dilemma is now finding the right belt. I Have looked threw the FAQ and in my manuals and the manuals on here and don't see the size listings anywhere. So if anyone knows where I can find that info or has it I would appreciate that. Thanks again Jim

Jim: I'm surprised you didn't find it listed on Charlie's FAQ page LINK to: http://cubfaq.com/questions.html, on the fourth page for FAQ #4, "What Belts fit my Tractor." LINK to: http://cubfaq.com/belts4.html

For tiller models 1, 1A, 2, 2B, 371, fitted to a 582 Special (abbreviated "582SP" in Charlie's listing), I find P/N WM-63385 listed which should be 21/32" wide and 154 5/16" Long.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I believe the belt listed will fit your application; I understand they cost $80 to $90, so break out the checkbook.
smile.gif

Jchamberlin,
The problem was I didnt look far enuff. Sorry about that and thank you.

Good evening,
Just wanted to say thanks to all that help me threw this mess. I spent most of my evening tonite tilling the yard on a house we just bought. Never missed a beat. Thanks again Jim

David i sent you a message on you engine noise .Hydro Harry ask me if i would .David

Back