• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Please help-Montgomery Ward TMO-33814C

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grant, I don't know how much you know but I'm not trying to preach...Most mfg for many years used off the shelf brgs and many still do..(The metric age has caused some changes!!) The brg,to me , is not the issue.It's taking it apart slowly.I've seen a couple that had loose detent balls on the inside for the shift mechanism.Things like that tend to mess with our minds a tad..I felt apprehensive on my first hydro and it went just fine....Yea, you can do it.....
I'm a millwright I'm definitly comfortable digging into a mess. What's getting me ticked off is not finding any parts for this thing. I've done other transaxles and got the bearings and seals and gears new right off ebay no problem. For whatever reason my searches just aren't coming up that easy this time. I do have a bearing supplier close to home I could run the old ones to for reference once I tear into this thing

I found if you google Husqvarna Peerless transmission (the present owner of Peerless) or Tecumseh Peerless (the company they bought them from) there seems to be some parts and info...

DuckDuckGo itself won't necessarily yield better search results, I just mentioned that it was what I used. It's more about what words you use in your search, you just have to experiment.

what people are calling bearings are actually bronze oil-impregnated bushings. Om some they have a flat cut on the flange to keep them from spinning and will only go in the case one way.

what people are calling bearings are actually bronze oil-impregnated bushings. Om some they have a flat cut on the flange to keep them from spinning and will only go in the case one way.
On this one its actually needle bearings. I checked the ends of the axle tube. One of them is missing just the bearing race is there

Not sure if you looked at the links I posted. Here's some of the info that they link to:

600 Series_01.JPG

A PDF file with an exploded view similar to the above image, along with the parts list, and what appears to be a PDF file of the service manual.

Attachments

• 600-671A.pdf
    393.2 KB · Views: 158
  • Tecumseh-Peerless_Motion_Drive_System_-_Transmissions_&_Differentials(691218).pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 130
Not sure if you looked at the links I posted. Here's some of the info that they link to:

View attachment 143516

A PDF file with an exploded view similar to the above image, along with the parts list, and what appears to be a PDF file of the service manual.
That first PDF is exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks

Back