• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Pin Tool info corner

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay people start sending those small PT's back so I can take that small hole out and put in a larger hole. Later I'll have used 1.250" holes for sale ;)
The new 1.375" cutter got ordered friday, have to get all my order from 2 stores or wait for backorder. So from Mi. I should get everything BUT the cutter tuesday then the cutter should be here from Boston thursday ... and the 100 bolts.

<font color="0000ff">DaveK</font> - those home-made lathe turret tool post sure make using them big home-made boring bars easier to use
happy.gif
I found it easier to buy the cheap brazed carbide lathe tools then cut off the unwanted part and weld the cutting end to a square bar. That way you can get the length / bar size / angle and dangle ya need everytime.

I've been cleaning up the back shop (machine shop) getting 1 1/2 foot drill "curls" up off the floor and I found 2 sets of straps that I pressed for making the "Puller" Pin Tools if anybody wants one of those I can finish making them. I've got 2 others sitting on the shelf too so that's 4 I could sell @ $65 each. These are 1.5" ID.

Man those hole cutters are sweet ! I cut a test piece tonight and cutting a 1.380" (.005" over run) was like drilling with a 1/2" drill bit
happy.gif

see what staying awake at night leads to ...
25002.gif

any thoughts ??

Since my mill will only slow down to 250rpm and I have so much tapping to do on the PT's I bought a 30 rpm 90volt dc gearmotor off ebay and came up with this idea. I can get 4.5" of travel with this adapter setup. A socket drives the draw-bar when engaged. I still need to get my voltage controller made up but with the test controller I can get 10rpm on up to 30 without going over the 90volts (more with higher voltage). It's riding on bearing slides so there's no binding. A temporary lock collar locks it up out of the way. The 2 thumb screws on the sides can be backed out and everything but the 2 mount collars removed.

25607.jpg
25608.jpg

Hey- that's a cool machine, Ken- I'll hafta make one'a them for the "M" head... make it a radial-mill-drill-tapper!

Being lazy I decided to use one of my 2 extra legit controllers ... since I found one with a F/R switch ;) Now it'll go so slow I fall a sleep waiting to count the first revolution... and I still can't stall it by grabbing the (now) deep well socket. I got 5.25" travel depth now and that's the quill limit.

Dave ya ought to see me fly hole cut 12 inch circles in 1/8" steel with my 12rpm drill press , it was a Craftsman 8550 rpm top speed. I seen a pic long long ago of Dan's shop and it looked like he had the same drill press sitting in the background. I can't see why anyone would want a drill press that fast !

Ken, here's a couple of photos of Dan's Craftsman drill press. Dan said he bought it when he was in highschool.

25660.jpg

25661.jpg

Somebody WAKE UP Art ...
Kraig you're not taking care of your boy ;)

Ken, I think he's going to do like you did and not post for a year or 2........ :eek:)

How much, for both, and how long? Not in a rush at all. I know I can use these and my friends as well. The clutch is gonna be a pain on the 72 and I want it to be as easy as possible. If you would make them let me know how to pay, check in mail...
Your doing a great service Kentuck!

Ken? Hello? Anyone there? Hello? Hello?
Do I have the right number? Did he leave a forwarding address?
Or, maybe I'm just impatient and don't know when to wait. That's it, I'll go with that.
beer2.gif
beerchug.gif
coffee.gif
bouncy.gif
bash.gif

deadat30.gif
Ooopps, You may want to spray some air freshner...

OK, now it's just to spite me for my posts. Yes I can be impatient, I'm sorry for that. I get excited I guess. It's a good product tho. I'd like to use it on my 72 when get around to it.
Don't mean to be impatient or disrespectful.
bottom.gif

Earl,
This was supposed to be a secret. Digger and KENtuck are tied up in a custody battle right now to see who's going to be your legal guardian.
clappy.gif

Eddie I can set you straight real quick - there WILL NOT BE A FORD in my family!

Long live the BOWTIE !

Okay here's the dope ... there's a 12 foot piece of bar stock laying on the garage floor that I bought last friday. That does not mean that I am planing on making any PT's soon, it just means that the steel is here IF I do decide to. I needed 18" to build my pipe bender so I figured I'd just buy a whole stick of it. I 'bout fell over when they priced it as I have done with every piece of steel I've bought since China started buying up everything! The reason I'm not jumping on production of tools is because it takes about 4 hours to mill / drill / tap one set of blocks and I don't even know the time for drilling the through hole in the all thread grade 8 push bolts then make the tool steel buttons then heat treat them and the long pins. I've tried to get 3 guys to do the pin bolts for me because that's the part I hate the most but they wont even give it a try. Lightining knocked out the table feed motor on the mill so that will slow down the operation even more and aggravate the crap out of me.

When / IF I decide to make them it wouldn't be until I get my Toyota truck finished and out of the shop so that I can move things around. I don't have enough room to work unless I move everything to the unused portion of the shop so the machine shop room is piled up and so is the path to it.

I also have castings that need done as Charlie can testify to. I guess he's got tired of waiting for his 4th stove leg by now. But that falls under the heading of a junky shop and not being able to carry the heavy flask out the back door anymore. Again I've tried to get help but that's like trying to empty the ocean by drinking it dry with a thimble. It aint gonna happen! I need somebody like Anthony that likes to work and hasn't got METH on his mind or looking to see what they can steal (hell I might even teach him to spell!). That would get them a 45 slug between their eyes quick!

Back