• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Picled up a 1050. Today.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

Don't know anything about it.. Any concerns on it ?
20200625_170326.jpg

Back when I was still collecting garden tractors this was a model I always wanted to get my hands on. Built in 1989 only, from my understanding, many Cub Cadet owners of older tractors were not happy with the newer model Cub Cadets available at the time. Many requested for CCC to build a model similar to the older 102's, 108's, etc. So they came up with the 1050, it was a slow seller and was dropped for 1990. At least that's what I read several years ago...

little bit scared with the 3000 hrs on this to use it,,, works good and mowes nice. seems like the standard tranny would be stronger than the hydro. and seems like the engine would be easy to rebuild as would be the clutch … anyone have any hi hour machine that are still going ?

Yours has an hourmeter? My 1050 doesn't have any gauges. No clue on hours but it runs pretty nice and probably my best looking machine.

uew!!!! The description says Peerless transmission. If it's got 3000 hours I'm pretty sure you're real lucky it still shifts and drives.

Last I knew most lawn and garden tractors were using Peerless rearends. Last I knew why most lawn and garden tractors get scraped is rearend failures.

A 1050 uses a 3 speed rear, similar in design to the IH 3 speed (not sure if CCC made the switch to aluminum in the manual like they did the hydro), not a peerless. The only ones that I know that used a peerless was the 1100, 582 Special and I'm sure there was CCC model or 2 that used it.

A 1050 would be most similar to a IH Cub Cadet 1000, or a 1282....... A K241 Single Cylinder Kohler with a 3 speed transmission.

Back