• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Picked up a John Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubs4lifeofme

Wish i didnt. got it running and it moves ok on the flat and slight uphill, But on a steep incline it quits moving. looking at the rear the fan on top is spinning fast so i believe the belt is doing its job.

Hytran and filter time?

Does it have a variator?

Model and year?

If you got a model like my dad's L120, the hydro is "not good". After the original motor blew, dad found a L100 with a bad rear. The original hydro is fine going forward, but as it got warmer, reverse slowly faded to non-existent. Swapped the rear out of the L120 into the L100 and got another year and a half until the motor grenaded last weekend. Oh... and it's a Kohler Command. 🤣

Goes forward and reverse but not up syeep hills

Attachments

• 20220626_112945.jpg
    20220626_112945.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 0
Those have the Tuff Torq K51A. They are notorious for stripping out the drive pulley splines. Check to make sure the pulley is on the shaft tight. If that is ok, check the oil level. Replacement oil is 5w50 synthetic motor oil.

What’s an oil lever?

Sorry. I can’t stand misprints in manuals.

X500 series has the k72; which is recommended for hilly terrain. Check out Tuff Torque (Japanese company) and there are stats on all the transmission models.

I don't know about the stats of a 500, But I used one at work for 8--10 years and it did a great job and never failed to do its job! 700--800 hours on it when I retired, and it was running and all just as it always did! The 500 series was good mowers 500-530--540 Ones I have seen are anyway!

Back