• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Peco lawn vac

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john.knutson

displayname
John K
Picked up a Peco lawn vac yesterday, some parts missing but funny enough I happen to have one of the bits from another Craigslist transaction.

I am having no luck at all finding information on this, other than some old posts here and on other forums. I would love to get an owners/parts manual if such a thing exists, as well as some more info on the engine itself before I dive into it.

There may be some identifying markings under the grease on the engine, but the Peco model # sticker is scratched up, all I can tell is that the model ends in "0"

IMG_20200412_143439.jpg
IMG_20200412_143451.jpg

Picked up a Peco lawn vac yesterday, some parts missing but funny enough I happen to have one of the bits from another Craigslist transaction.

I am having no luck at all finding information on this, other than some old posts here and on other forums. I would love to get an owners/parts manual if such a thing exists, as well as some more info on the engine itself before I dive into it.

There may be some identifying markings under the grease on the engine, but the Peco model # sticker is scratched up, all I can tell is that the model ends in "0"

View attachment 137520View attachment 137521
1586732194779.png

1586732217805.png

Bolted right up, just had to extend the exhaust pipe to clear the blower housing

Good to know!

Looks like a this engine has some liquid/diy gasket for the muffler, and the exhaust studs are broken off with a screw in carb jammed in there, but the rest of it does seem sound so I'll give the engine a shot but a HF clone is definitely on the back of my mind. I've got 2 acres worth of leaves that I just moved into and something has got to happen to them!

That is a Tec engine. Probably a HM50. Seeing how that's an old FH engine you would be better off with a Hong Kong freight OHV either a 5/6hp.

Thanks for the reply! Some googling of some numbers I found led me to a HM35, so it's definitely a Tecumseh. What do you mean by "FH engine"? I'm not familiar with that acronym.

Original should have been a 3.5hp Briggs

Found some literature over at ccmanuals.info, looks like it could be model PEA-100.

http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/CCC Allied Equip Cat.pdf (page 17)

There were various engine options, mine appears to be the base 3HP Tecumseh (if it is even the original engine, and assuming I do in fact have a PEA-100). I got the engine running, it just needed some new gas. I plan to degrease it, do a quick carb clean, and see if it will stay running at full RPM with the choke off. It wanted to die when I would go full throttle or no choke, but ran "solid" at half throttle & half choke.

I've been emailing with PeCo customer support who has been very helpful despite not having much if anything in their computer systems for this old of a product. Sounds like I can get a new bag (top and bottom, black instead of white though).

I am needing a new pin to hook into the rear drawbar plate as well, the one that came my lawn vac is way too long, and a new mower deck attachment piece, the original aluminum one I got is WAY too big for my little 42" deck. Waiting to hear back on whether or not they have something that will work for me, worst case it should be easy enough to fab something up, or even just use a threaded hook if I can find one the right size off the shelf at the hardware store (or McMaster..).

Lastly, the impeller I got has some ugly repairs/welds, but it does seem sturdy. I was told I can still get a new impeller as well.

Now that I have my tractor back together and running after a driveshaft replacement (thanks Digger!), I'll see about getting some pictures of it mocked up on my tractor. The bracket that mounts the engine to the basket has a broken weld that I will need to fix up, but it should hold at least for a mock up.

Thanks Kraig! I had a feeling you might have something lying around :)

I'll share these back with the PeCo folks that I am emailing, they may not have ever even seen these!

And some higher resolution closeups from the brochure. Not sure why I didn't scan all the photos in a higher resolution when I scanned this back in 2003.

PeCo-Vac_IH_HighRes_01.jpg
PeCo-Vac_IH_HighRes_02.jpg
PeCo-Vac_IH_HighRes_03.jpg
PeCo-Vac_IH_HighRes_04.jpg

That appears to be a Cub Cadet from the 1x8/9 series (most likely a 149 with hydraulic lift) painted white and green to disguise it. It also has an added on "heat shield" (?) over the starter generator.

Back