• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Paul Bell

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
What happened on this thread?

There's no reading...only posting(???).

Wayne, I'm thinking an archive mishap.
dunno.gif

Charlie, ?

Well we're just going to need another update on Mr. Bell then...Charlie???

I hope he's working on something cub related by now and doing great.

Paul had his ileostomy reversal on Tuesday, August 8. As the doctor had said, a much quicker surgery and not nearly as involved as the last one. To my knowledge, the only pain medication that he had was postop in Recovery, and he did not have any of the ill effects this time. He was discharged this afternoon and we are home and he is doing well. He probably will be in touch as soon as he feels like getting to the computer. He only has 27 sutures this time (as compared to the 74 staples that he had previously) so the doctor was correct in saying that this would not be nearly as involved. He just has to do the normal postop maintenance, no lifting more than 10 pounds, etc, until he is released by the doctor. He will see him on August 24 for suture removal.

Thanks Charlie-

It's good to hear his recovery is going well.

Charlie, this is Bonnie again. We've encountered a snag. Paul is back in the hospital. He had some nausea and a bit of vomiting, enough that he felt we should go to the emergency room very early Sunday morning. Unfortunately, he was admitted. The area of the colon that was "put back together" had enough swelling to cause an obstruction and he is currently in hospital with a nasogastric tube (tube that passes through the nose and down the throat into the stomach) draining the stomach for bowel rest. Hopefully this will be successful and we'll get back to where we belong and the area will heal and no further surgery will be necessary. The doctor was in last evening and is letting him have some sips of coke (maybe called soda or pop where you live!), some hard candy and some popsicles. Once again, prayers and/or good wishes are appreciated. I will keep you posted.

Bonnie P. Thank You for the update. Angel and I will keep those thoughts and prayers coming for Paul, you and your family.

Charlie, thanks for posting the update. Prayers sent for Paul.

Marlin, a good friend called me last week after speaking to Paul on the phone. Apparently he's making a slow recovery but is recovering. He's very limited on the amount he can lift which obviously limits what he can do. I need to give him a call myself but just haven't done it. Maybe Charlie knows more.

Paul Bell wrote:

Sorry it has taken me so long to answer. I am doing much better. Still can't do a lot without getting tired and worn out pretty quickly, but I'm still waking up on the "green side" and that sure beats the alternative.
Thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and kind words, I really believe they helped get me thru all this.

I am not doing much posting, but I am reading what others are posting. Thanks to all of you.

Paul Bell

Thanks Charlie for passing that along.

Hi'ya Paul, Good to hear you're still on the green side. LOL..

Hoping you can put up some posts of your own in the near future.

Charlie, thanks for the update.

Paul, good to hear you're doing better.
thumbsup.gif

Great news!
It will take time Paul, hang in there.

I gotta go do my therapy now. It helps keep the migraines at bay.
I put in 8 hours at work, and then I have to work a strenuous hour at home (therapy).

It is not fun, but it does help. It interferes with my cub time too....bummer.

Back