• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Parts washer fluid

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read the instructions for your parts washer or pump. Some of the cheaper ones cannot use petroleum-based solvents.

Vinegar is great for (slowly) removing rust from rusty iron and steel. It is about the last thing I'd choose to degrease something.

I'm with Charlie, and use Kerosene in my parts washer. It's crazy how expensive it's gotten. I don't think I'd want to try diesel fuel, it's almost as expensive.
SON put Mineral Spirits in his parts washer, REALLY expensive!

My parts washer is about 8’ from my welding table
I prefer to NOT rearrange my shop
I do not do a lot of metal work
I plan on keeping the lid closed

I really do not want a fire

I have used diesel for years. But today's seems to turn gummy after 6 months or so and now the pump is all gummed up. Got it free the first time but not this time. To be fair it was a cheap parts washer 20 plus years ago so it was probably about at the end of its life expectancy anyhow as far as the plastic housing pump was concerned.

I either need to change the fluid more often or go to something else. Everything else seems crazy for price. May end up using a power washer more?

Back