• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Part number search cadet 60

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot find that number in my 60 parts book, only 488009 r1 got a picture of the part?

I bought a box of nos cadet 60 parts and dont know what part #488809 R1 is or what it fits. Doesn't seem to be a good # on limited searches. Can anyone help? Thanks John
It is a valid part #, but it's going to take a little digging to find out what it is. I don't think it's for a 60 though.

Last edited:
It is a valid part #, but it's going to take a little digging to find out what it is. I don't think it's for a 60 though.
I don't think it is for a 60 either. Pictures aren't great, but show a hinge and bolts with springs

Attachments

• 20210124_073515.jpg
    20210124_073515.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 262
  • 20210124_073505.jpg
    20210124_073505.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 251
John, would anything red be for a 60? You want me to pick up the one for sale down the street from me so you can go on a scavenger hunt for those items, don't you?

There are other parts for the 60 painted red in the box that I purchased - which I thought was strange. I am certain that these unidentified parts are for something else, since they aren't in the 60 parts book. Jim - you are trying to get me in trouble or feed the addiction - maybe both! Something about these IH products...

I wonder if they are for the 282/382 lawn tractors? I did a little research on the Partslookup but didn't find any match. I thought perhaps the bolts with the springs were for the brakes on the 382 but the number didn't match. Could also be for any of the 82 series garden tractors, or even for a full size IH tractor or implement.
dunno.gif

I just ran across these parts again this morning looking for something else. I know you can all relate. I would still like to know what they are for and perhaps someone could use them. They aren't doing me any good.

Back