• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Paint?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Trammell

Not restoring my cub - just want a better price on the closest paint to that of the OEM white and yellow ... looking at Rust oleum === anyone know or have matched these to the original colors. Thank you in advance

Not restoring my cub - just want a better price on the closest paint to that of the OEM white and yellow ... looking at Rust oleum === anyone know or have matched these to the original colors. Thank you in advance

If your doing a refurb, do what ya want, cause it doesn't really matter what color you use.

But this is the good stuff.

1654865145906.png

I have heard the Marigold recently changed and is no longer very close. No recent experience myself though.

Also note that it will take months for Rustoleum to develop hardness, stain resistance, etc. after spraying, and may never be totally fuel resistant.

A good rattle can, CIH or Rustoleum Professional can give some impressive results..........like everything, it about prep. I don't use a paint gun much anymore

I don't use rustoleum because it is a linseed based paint and not a alkyd base paint... They don't mix well together and take forever to harden...

I get that..in the grand scheme of things, how is the corrosion and UV resistance as compared to its direct competition?

What I would like to know is why do people use rustoleum?.. Why not use what came on there and have protected pretty well for 50 years?..

It matters a lot.. A good refinish will last another 50 years... Cheap jobs are just a waste of money.. That is why Earl Scheib is no longer in business....

Yes, some are made for "cheap jobs"... Some are not..I used to have a touch up gun that had aerosol for propellant but had a paint cup on it. Some are good quality like IH Case paint.. Well worth the extra money..

Back