• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

PA Plow Day April 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody going to Danville, PA for plow day. I have it marked on my calender, Hope to have the 126 ready to go. Come on Lewis or Allen.

Danville, Pa. is a little too far to really trust the ol' Dakota on that kind of Road Trip.

I'm working on trying to setup a Plow Day in the central Iowa area for either this fall or next spring. Trouble is finding soil without too sizeable of rocks that would damage a garden tractor. Plus being able to give the fire department and hosting family the reassurance of a good turnout. (Like Travis and the Rockford Rire Department's very successful Plow Day events.)
221784.gif

Marlin, Too bad, we could show off all that D power. It would be a blast. Those JD guys would be jealous. Maybe not, sounds like they are bringing Diesels.

Melody S. I see that you're inquiring about weight brackets on the Main Forum site. One nice thing about the Diesel Cub Cadets is they don't require a weight bracket. AND when using BioWillie the smell of French Fries or in some cases Chinese cooking just can't be beat.
221800.gif

221801.jpg

That A frame along with the lift arms and three point arms came from Aaron Schmidt's Xtreme Motorworks. That is a ten inch Brinly with 23x10.50x12 Deestones. (I couldn't afford those higher priced Tru Powers at the time.) I think it would hold its own alongside the green guys' diesels.

Marlin, I don't have it yet, just wishful thinking. I grabbed up the 126 to be my plow tractor after plowing with the 125 last year. I think the GD will be better so you can just put it in gear and go. I'd like to put a creeper into it also. I think that will be next year.

MELODY - IMHO Gear Drives RULE for plowing.
buttrock.gif

A decent 12 HP GD should walk all over in 2nd gear plowing with a bit of weight and good tires.

I'd worry more about rear wheel weight biased slightly to the left or land wheel. The furrow wheel always gets good footing running on the bottom of the last furrow and the lean of the tractor gives it added weight. About 25 extra pounds on the land wheel balances the tractor nicely.

Dennis, I'm taking the TRU-POWERS off the 125 and putting them on the 126. They are loaded and I have 2 sets of wheel weights. I found last year the front wanted to pull out of the furough and thats why I was going to add weight to the front.

Hello all... I just relocated to Port Jervis NY from the Boston area. I'm planning on going to the PA plow day, hoping to meet some Cub guys... also got my eyes open for a decent 125.

Thanks,
Ken

Didn't make it to PA to plow. RAIN! Sooo we had Unadilla plow day planned for tomorrow. RAIN! Anyone interested in coming to NY to plow, our rain date is May 7.

Back