• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Other Plow Days

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plow Day Event

Sunday, May 20, 2007 9am

Colfax, Wisconsin – 75 Miles East of Minneapolis, St. Paul, MN

For the 1st time garden tractors are invited to be a part of the Chippewa County Rural Heritage Days event. This has been an event for antique farm tractors and they are excited to include our garden tractors as part of their event. Sunday May 20th is a Tillage Day, this is part of a 2 day event, on Saturday they have a Tractor Parade.

The soil is sandy. They say there is plenty of land to plow, disk, or till. They will set aside an area for us.

Displays of Garden Tractors are welcome too.

No charge for displays or plowing or tillage. Just for venders $10.
Food will be sold on site.

Location is 5 miles north of Hwy 29 on Hwy 40 or 2 ½ miles south of Colfax on 40 to 760th Ave. Go East 1 mile on 760th to the Red Cedar Pullers Tractor Pull Track. Here is a link to their site: http://www.redcedarpullersllc.com/

Please let me know if you have any questions and if you are interested.

Vince Thomley

Plow Day
April 15
Winamac, Indiana
We will start between 9 and 10 am est. The location is approximately 1/2 mile south of where we were last year. The official directions are Go north from Winamac 7 miles to road 700 N turn east and go to 200 E , then go south about 1/2 mile just south of bridge. Bring snacks, lunch and whatever you might need, items to trade, buy and sell.
My email address is in my profile if you have any questions.

Plow day weather update for Winamac, Indiana --- Right now as of thursday nite, the plow day is still a go, Dick Winters and I have decided that we can still plow or play in the mud Sunday. Bring your plow rigs and you items to swap, if it don't rain too much more we can still go, keep your hopes up!!!! Thanks, Terry

offical word has come down since there is snow the indiana plow day is cancelled for sunday the 15th.there is the possibility that it will happen next sunday [got to love this weather] dw

I didn't know there was a plow day in Climax, MI, thats about 8mi from my house. Anyone got details? If so would ya email them to me. Thanks

Talked to Terry tonight.Its official, we are PLOWING sunday. there is the oak grove restaurant on hwy.35 in star city just south of winimac if anybody wants to meet for breakfast. will try to be there about 7:30 if anybody is interested,dw

I realize I live in a different country than most of you (Louisiana) but are there any Swap Meets, Flea Markets, Tractor Pulls or any other sort of meet in the deep south within 500 miles of New Orleans?

Thanks Digger. There are no shows listed in Louisiana and only a steam show in Mississippi. And to think that I was born in Iowa and MOVED!~

Anyone interested in coming to the Western Wisconsin Plowday on May 20, 2007 please let me know. My email address is V1ncet @ Yahoo. com

Here is a list of hotels in the area.
Comfort Inn 1721 Plaza Drive NE, Menomonie, WI
715-233-1500
Country Inn & Suites, 320 Oak Ave, Menomonie, WI 715-235-5664
Motel 6, 2100 Stout Ave, Menomonie, WI 715-235-6901
Super 8 Motel 1622 North Broadway, Menomonie, WI 715-235-8889

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Vince

I have my equipment all loaded and ready fro the plowday event at Colfax.
Just have to load the tractor into the back of the truck (yes the topper is off) and I will be ready to roll early sunday morning.
56579.jpg

56580.jpg

Lonnie
What's that Yellow rimmed tire? Kind of looks like a "packer" wheel off a corn planter?
Good to see some Tillage equipment as we are looking for a drag section, and/or spring tooth to pull too. Ron

Ron,

You are correct it is a packing wheel for a corn planter.
I have a one row corn planter that I am bringing along to the event.
I purchased the corn planter from John Lang, he did a good job of converting this over to a sleeve hitch planter.

The spring tooth drag on the trailer will give any cub cadet a good work out, I have a diffacult time pulling it with my newer 3235 cub cadet when I set the teeth to full dig.

Here is some more information on the plow day on Sunday.

Plowing will probably start around 9:30.

It is part of a large tractor Antique Tractor event. There is a tractor pull track, the guys with large tractors may be pulling their tractors. We(garden tractor guys) have a approx. 3 acre field across the road from this track to plow plus another 3-4 acre field. And possibly yet another small area. I have not been to this location but I plan to stop by on Thursday to see it. The fields are 2 year old corn stubble so it sounds like there will be some trash to plow under.

Vince

Just found out abot another plow day guys & gals! This one is close to home for me at least.
board-post.pl

It is sponsored by LaVern Novotny of Chelsea, Iowa. LaVerne used to farm but now is specializing in repair and selling new & used tractor & implememnt parts mostly for IH.

They hold the plow day in August on a field of flax stubble where flax has just been harvested. That should be interesting. I think the soil in the area are quite rolling. Mostly antique tractors have been coming, but they want gardentractors too. He has been asking me for info on setting up a Brinly plow for his grandson to use with his cc 1250 or 1650. I'll try to post more info on this plow day as it becomes available. I have not heard how many acres they will have available. I will check out the fields and post photos and info later here.

Archive bug got me, Here's a teaser for you check out the last page for info on up-coming plow day right here!
56726.gif

Hi All, Just wanted the thank everyone who attended the plowing in Colfax. The turnout was real nice. I think we had about 15 plowing, some discing, and working up the ground. To bad the "sod" was so hard and dry. But the corn field was real dry and almost too loose. Thanks to the Rural Heritage guys for letting us show what these "litte guys" can do. I only heard postitive comments.

Could we get a status report on this upcoming event? I've been away for a week and w/o access to the goings on! Dates and times??? Thanks! Its too close to let this one slide by!!! 90 minutes away for me!

Northwestern Wi Lawn & Garden Tractor Show with
Plow Day is still on for June 9 2007 as long as the weather holds up. This is the first time we
have ever done anything like this so we not sure
how many people will come. As of yesterday there
have been 8 people that have e-mailed me saying
that they wanted to plow. We have room for swap
stuff and for anyone wants to show their tractor.
Please visit our web site at the address below.
www.nwwlgt.amerysnowmobileclub.com
Ed Voiles
[email protected]
715-268-4993
Bob Knutson
715-268-7448
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msword.gif

nwwlgt Flyer.doc (39.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Latest posts

Back