• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Original Porous air filter cup

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kashaver

displayname
Kelvin Shaver
I found an original air filter for my 'Original', but after it was apart I found that it had been dry for quite some time. I bead blasted it and although I didn't see any holes it leaks oil. Is there any type material I can coat the inside with that will seal it?

P.S.: I found out 'Flex Seal' doesn't work with motor oil.

How about a paint called "Glyptal". it was used to coat the insides of engines. I know some local shops still use it , so it is still around. Or maybe a coat of sprayed on bedliner? it is pretty tough stuff.

There is stuff in the Boating world call Penetrol. I would take a cloth and wipe it on. Let it really dry. The stuff seems to be impervious to anything. It's kind of like a varnish/urethane type product without the peeling

Would suggest Fuel Tank Sealant. POR-15 makes one. And you can buy as Spray Paint. You've already done the hard part (bead Blast). Spraying the coating is easy.

I know this doesn't matter but, three generations of my family lived on Barlow road in Hudson Ohio - The Floods were our neighbors! they sold out to akzo nobel 2006ish and retired later bought by PPG. The Floods started out in their barn about 150 years ago. The American dream

Back