• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Original Cub Headlights Pulsating

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbratton

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Justin Bratton
I just installed headlights on my Original and they pulsate at high rpm speed. I have a new voltage regulator and wiring harness. I haven’t checked my starter generator on the output. Maybe not a proper ground? I’ll be digging more into this tractor today, any advice would help.

If I had to guess, your S/G might have a bad winding or a bad/dirty commutator segment, so as that segment rotates to the output terminal, it’s not connecting and you’re getting a voltage drop.
An oscilloscope should tell the story though.

If I had to guess, your S/G might have a bad winding or a bad/dirty commutator segment, so as that segment rotates to the output terminal, it’s not connecting and you’re getting a voltage drop.
An oscilloscope should tell the story though.
Thank you for your help. It was a bad starter -generator.

Back