• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Oregon Gator Blades

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkirk

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Kirk
I recently tried to purchase a second set of Oregon Gator blades for my 44A mower deck. Oregon part number is 90-957. Much to my dismay, I find that these are no longer being produced by Oregon. The set consists of 3 equal length blades, 15.3" length, 2.5" width. I like the cut and lift that these blades provide. Does anyone know of a suitable replacement that's currently available? Does anyone have a good used set that they are willing to sell?

David,

It looks like that part number has been replaced, and not just discontinued. I found this on multiple vendor websites:

OREGON 90-957 is replaced by Oregon 90-657.

I have no idea how close the match will be. Good luck, and keep up the good work on those Cub Cadet optimizations you offer at the top of the page.

Oh now I see the replacement number is discontinued as well. I wonder how much a bunch of eager customers could influence that? I could use a set.

Last edited:
My local mower dealer says Oregon has been discontinuing a ton of stuff that they don't feel like they sell enough of. They practically recall them giving partial credit toward something new if you return them. Would they be scrapping them, or are they melting them down to make new blades because they are having a tough time getting steel???

Yes. I added that above, and called my local guy and posted his story too.

Digger may be able to help us.

5 years old news? I’m about right on time for my own learning curve...

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Jim and Doug. I wanted two sets - one mounted and the other sharpened and ready to swap. I'll have to cruise eBay and see if anyone has a used set for sale at some exorbitant price.

Back