• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Opera browser

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmcmeen

displayname
Bryan D. McMeen, Keeper of the Holy Hy-Tran
So, anyone tried this browser yet?

I've been impressed with the mobile version, so now that the "big" version is free, I thought I'd give it a spin.

Quite refreshing from the multi-MB downloads of bloatware from MS and Mozilla (yeah, that includes Firefox, too!). Install is only 3.66MB!!! That's it - no downloads during installation or anything.

www.opera.com

Wow only 3.66MB, I could have loaded that on my first hard drive, it was 5MB and cost me $300.00. I think it was a full height drive.
destroy.gif

Resurrecting this thread..
Just loaded the latest version of Opera (9.23) - my first try of this browser. I'm getting strange page rendering on the Forum - it centers all text and photos rather than left justifying them. I've gone through all of the preferences and don't spot anything relevant to this. Seems selective on its misbehavior too - I checked the WFM site and across the street and don't seem to have a problem with them. I've been using Firefox, just checked IE, no problem with page rendering with either of them....Anyone else using Opera?
screwloose.gif

ken,
I have been a long time Opera user and love it.
I thought the centering was normal.

I still have IE and Firefox. Some sites are coded to only work in IE. My online banking for one.

Enjoy
Dudley

Dudley:
At least I know that I'm not imagining it.. Must be Charlie's fault........
I tried using Yahoo's streaming audio (Launchcast) - they don't like FireFox or Opera... at least without changing what browser they think they are talking to..
wedgie.gif

Opera does have a more "fluid" mouse wheel scroll but like Kendell said, everthing centers ... everybody knows I'm OFF centered so I'll stick with 'scape.

I've done some "Googling" --- the answers seem to have an attitude .
A number of these types of complaints are answered with something like "Opera follows the W3C standards, if the display is not as intended, your other browser/HTML generator is wrong, not following the standards, etc. etc.)"
bash.gif

Back to getting the scooters ready for an outing at Bucyrus Ohio. KentucK - that would be about a third of the way to your place....

Kendell - Might be something to that - here's an old forum page I saved with 'scape 4.7. All of my old files are correct in Opera.

64470.gif

Latest posts

Back