• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

One sweet ride

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
When I went to help my friend with his 128 yesterday he took me on a little tour of his six car garage. This '66 Ford Galaxy caught my eye right away. I think he said it had 28,000 original miles on it and EVERYTHING is original...interior as well as the paint. It has a 428 with a 4 speed trans. It's also for sale.

315370.jpg

315371.jpg

315372.jpg

I'm still drooling.

That would be one neat ride to see. Plus being all original is rare.

My dad had a '66, bright red, 390 Cruisomatic. A friend of mine bought a '62, kind of rough on the outside, has a 428 CJ with a hardened driveline to match - he loves cruising with it...

Gerry-

Sounds like your dad had a sweet ride as well. The 390 was/is a strong engine so I suspect this '66 could bark the tires in every gear. The strangest thing is this '66 was ordered from the factory by a woman. The only thing I could afford in the 60s as my first car...a '64 Falcon with a 144 six and "3 on the tree". And I didn't really afford it. My dad came to me and made an offer. He said he would trade in the Falcon and buy a sporty car for both of us to share or I could keep the Falcon and he would buy what he wanted. I kept the Falcon and he bought a pea green Torino with a 302. The year of his car escapes me at the moment but it had an automatic trans which was rare in our family at the time. Mom even drove a stick shift for many years (plus she knew how to bark the tires).

Wayne - my dad had never had a new car until '63, he and Mom bought a bright red '63 Falcon stripper, base everything, IIRC didn't even have a radio. That lasted about 6 months until the 63 1/2's came out, they traded for a Falcon 4 door Station Wagon - with a 260 and three on the tree!! My first cruising car and boy did I have fun, a lot of people didn't see the 260 emblems. I also bunged up the column shift just about every time they let me take it (by that time, I had my first car, a '31 Model A pickup, but they'd take mercy on me - or maybe my girl friend). They had that little long roof until '65, bought a Honey Gold '65 SW with a 289 Cruisomatic. Dad had left garage work (Ford garage, naturally) in '62 and was doing pretty good after going back to work as a toolmaker. In early '66, Mom died and Dad wanted to get a different car, hence the Galaxy. By mid '67, he'd gone from the Galaxy to a '67 F100, with 352, back to a stick shift. He trade that for a '70 Ranger XLT with a dog 360 in it - the thing about that truck was the buckets and really nice interior w/factory air, and it was as expensive as my uncle's Cadillac.

Didn't mean to run on, hadn't thought about his trading up so often, but do think about him, especially just before Father's Day. Really miss him..

When I went to help my friend with his 128 yesterday he took me on a little tour of his six car garage. This '66 Ford Galaxy caught my eye right away. I think he said it had 28,000 original miles on it and EVERYTHING is original...interior as well as the paint. It has a 428 with a 4 speed trans. It's also for sale.

Out of curiousity, how much would such a low mileage, prestine condition model go for in the States?
Over here in South Africa (right hand drive) such cars will be very scarse and I guess, will demand anything around $40,000.

Dawid-

About a year or so ago he had some guy worth millions come and look at it. He was willing to take $15,000 at the time but the rich guy opted out. I spoke with him yesterday and he said someone was coming today to look at it and I told him don't take a dime less than $20,000 and start at around $25K. My friend simply isn't out to get the most necessarily; he just wants it gone. I told him to stick to his guns because that car will sell itself.

It would have been gone long ago but he has kept it in the garage...out of sight.

Back