• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

On the soapbox again

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Along with the price of gas/diesel going up,did you see where a couple big box stores are limiting the poundage/number bags of rice you can buy? Say a shortage!! Another way to jack up prices.. Also said "other food item may follow"..

Lyle - The Indonesian countrys are cutting back on export of rice is the reason for that ... I just wonder what country is the fourth largest exporter of rice .... oh WE ARE ... so why the hell is it being limited ... oh yea we have to EXPORT it to other countries ... after all , other countries well fare comes first ....

We have to feed those needy starving kids so they can grow up to crash our planes into our buildings ....

I'm NOT against feeding people it's just , look were it goes and were the hatred for us comes from .............................................

besides you can buy 80 pounds at a time ... isn't that enough ?? or are your in-laws , out-laws in town
biggrin.gif

What ever happened to self reliance and helping the family next door. when the hell will this country wake up and think about the home front? What good does it do us to feed the world when our own people are going hungry? I am just a simple redneck from the northwoods and I don't have much more than a high school education and even I can see what is around the corner. I guess it is time to go plant the garden, and get out the caner and ...

Gas here this AM as high as $1.346 litre and diesel $1.416. Holy &%#@.
animatedihbear.gif

Diesel here $4.39 gallon....truck makes 20 mile per gallon still less cost per mile than gas one traded in it was 12. When I bought this truck in Feb. 05 diesel was $ 2.40 gallon.... who thought!!

Haven't posted on this subject I stated a while ago but what'cha think of gas prices now??

Dean "S",
AMEN!! Can I get a witness?

So far, the record high for the Des Moines area is $3.45. This week it actually dropped to $3.33.

Thursday I filled up the Jeep (starting with about an eighth of a tank) and got $1.16 back from four twenty-dollar bills.
Yesterday in Palatine, it was between $3.79 and $3.85. Just across the Cook County line in Lake County it was $3.72 and $3.73 at Lake Zurich and Deer Park.
GasBuddy.com is becoming a worthwhile site. Depressing, but worthwhile.

Bruce -

McHenry's not any better - they're all $3.85 in Fox River Grove. $20 to fill the gas can this morning. The township better lay off on telling folks their lawns are looking ragged this year...

That said, we paid $3.45 last night in Bettendorf...

My wife was talking to a friend in Germany this morning, and the price of gas came up. After some quick calculations on exchange rates, seems they are paying about $10 gal. over there !!

The wife and I are at odds, She buys gas at the Murphy/walmart stations because it is 5 cents cheaper than anything within 50 miles, but I won't because of walmarts anti-union, anti employee benefit ways.

Paid $3.89 to fill my jeep this morning, We're in contract talks now, companies say they can't afford to give us a raise because of the cost of diesel fuel, but how do they expect us to get to the job sites to run their dang cranes????

Ha! I hit the archive through June 09, 2007 instead of March 11, 2008. I thought those gas prices looked a "little" low! Our local store is getting $4.07.9. $8 now to fill a 2 gallon Cub tank. I usually plan on 2 hours/tankful.
bazooka.gif

$3.92 and rummors of $3.99 by friday.
Just in time for memorial day weekend travelers.

Other than the trip from Cadott to Marshfield thursday 5-22-08 I dont have any plans on doing any traveling this holiday weekend.

Unless you count the many trips across my 2 acre yard mowing it going someplace
lol.gif

It's 3.99 in Marathon NY as of 2 days ago. 3.99 down to 3.83 at three different stations in Whitney Point this morning, 10 miles to the south. I heard on the radio this morning heading to work there are gonna be more talks with oil executives to find out why the gas prices keep rising. A Vermont senator, I believe, attributes it to our President having "cozy ties with big oil". I think he's on to something.

This is why I bought a motorcycle. So I can afford to get to work.

_Carey

3.87 in Whitney Point last night. I don't care what pres. is in office, it's still going to go up. It's thanks to those guys who shield the sun with rags, THEY are dictating how much oil they want produced because they know we need the oil. It's long past due for this damn country to stop sucking up to everyone else. Thanks to all this BS there is no way I can heat my place with kero this year so I'm goin wood heat and NO kero. I won't make a difference to the oil producing @&$ #@(^% but will make a difference to me. If I could afford my own property I would disconnect from the electric grid also......$%#^ em all.

Last night there was a story on the news (of course) about the rising gas cost. It was the same rhetoric about prices being at "record highs". In the story a reporter interviewed a couple people at the pumps who (of course) weren't happy that gas was 10-cents/gallon higher than the last time they filled up, which again is the same old story we've heard from the media regarding this.

But......

Just as they ended the story to go back to the anchor in the newsroom, the reporter in the field said (and I quote) "One analyst suggests that gas prices could continue to rise until leveling off at the ~$6/gallon mark in about a year" at which point they went right into another story......

What the HECK?!?!?!?!?!?
explotar2jr.gif

Happily burning E85 here in Iowa. Paying 2.70 per gallon and saving me 8 cents per mile.

Not really affecting food prices either, though people would like to belive ethanol is the only reason.

I really wonder how long it's gonna take before the unemployment rate jumps to 90%. With gas prices going through the friggin roof there is going to so many people who will not be making enough to gas up their vehicles just to get to work. I can't work, my wife tries, and we already have to be real careful about how much fuel we go through. We just had our propane filled yesterday at $3.20gal and that is just for hot water and cooking. Kerosene is $4.45gal, I can see $7gal before cold weather comes back......oh wait....it never left, 49deg today.

rant.gif
bash.gif

Just to add to my bi^@#....might better stock on guns and ammo while were at it, theft and violent crime is gonna jump 600%.............already have neighbors stealin firewood, gas, kerosene. Somethin bout a sign that says "Security By Smith & Wesson" that keeps them away....so far..

Latest posts

Back