• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Old Farmall

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtatchell

displayname
graeme k tatchell
Spotted this in a Museum shed full of old machinery just outside a small town on our recent trip to the Snowy Mountains down here.
The card on it said something like "This Farmall Tractor was used by the Golf Club to mow their lawns from about 1950 to (a year I did not note, I was in a bit of a rush)".
The extra pics I've included for atnosphere.
82611.jpg

82612.jpg

82613.jpg

82614.jpg

82615.jpg

82616.jpg

82617.jpg

Graeme, neat pictures. That looks like either a Farmall A or a Farmall B.

Graeme:
Do ya have to license tractors down under??

Also - that Ute would fetch a pretty penny up here, and the word is that the auto mfrs are going to start selling new ones up here again (maybe a modern Ranchero, but built on a coupe body like you guys did it, rather than a station wagon...)

Also - really like the horse drawn RV...

Graeme, did you happen to notice if either of the hit-and-miss engines were <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>? I'm not versed well enough in them to be able to tell just by looking.
blush.gif

Kendell, I was wondering the same thing on the license plates.
dunno.gif

Kraig/Kendell-
I can't pick Farmall A or B, maybe these extra pics will help you.
I tried looking for IH on the small engines but could not readily see it.
We have to license Tractors (most motor vehicles) if they travel on Public roads, so I assume the Golf Club had to do that.
The Ute pic is only a photo of a picture on a wall out there, I think it's a '37 Chev. We still have Sedan/Coupe based utes here, mainly Ford Falcon & Holden (GMH) Commodore. Holden were exporting 'Coupes' recently to you guys as Pontiac somethings & recent media was they were going to do Utes also.
We took our own Van, a bit updated on the horse drawn unit.
82658.jpg

82659.jpg

82660.jpg

82661.jpg

82662.jpg

82663.jpg

Matt, I do believe you are correct. I was thinking that my cousin has a wide front B but it must be an A.
dunno.gif

82674.jpg

My Dad has a B and it doesn't look like Graeme's pictures, so that's about the only option.

MARLIN - The 56-series tractors are getting Very collectable, but that tractor isn't a $2500 tractor. Most collectors would take the cab off immediately. Lots of people on the RPM forum think the 856 was the best tractor IH ever made, BIG in hp but smaller in size. The D407 engine didn't have quite the legendary reputation for longevity the D361 in the 806 had but it's a close 2nd. Subtle little changes to things like the shift pattern made them more popular and user friendly.

Hope You get to feeling better from Your fall. Seems like there's ice everywhere now.

The tractor is a Farmall "A" as others have said, with the floor pans modified as part of the mower attachment. It does not have factory hydraulic system, so it is not a Super A.

The light blue engine is a U.S. built Stover CT model, and if the blue paint is original it may be marked with the JAEGER name. Jaeger Machine Co built concrete mixers, but bought the engines from other manufactors, mostly Hercules and Stover, used the light blue color, and put their name and gold pinstriping on the engines.

I don't believe the green engine was built in the U.S.A. It has a rather unique valve and exhaust arrangement that I don't believe I have ever seen on a U.S. built engine. It appears to be of a headless design.

Back