• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Old family (IH) photo

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
My brother works at the Roanoke Elevator (Roanoke Farmers Association) and a farmer brought in this picture of my grandfather, Harlow Blunier, picking corn in the early 40's. My grandfather was very active on the Roanoke elevator board for may years.

266694.jpg

Tractor is an F-20 on rubber with electric lighting (to left of steering gear and on rear axle housing) pulling a New Idea picker.

It's always neat to come across this old stuff, especially when it's a family member.

Steve B. That is totally awesome and then some. I finally found out what happened to my Grandpa Telsrow's 1936 F30 and threshing machine. My Uncle traded both of them for a Massey Harris pull type combine. Oh, man how I wish that tractor would have stayed in the family. I have an original muffler like that .

Ohhhhh I'm gonna' like this thread!
Here's a pic of my Grandparents Urban and Helen Hoffman with my Dad and his sister hanging on the back of a IHC 15-30 TITAN. Photo was taken during the threshing operations at my Grandparents farm about 20 miles outside of Chicaago. c. 1925.
266700.jpg

Steve and Tom, Very cool old pictures. It sure must have been something.

I guess this would be "vintage".
That's me in my Easter Sunday best showing off some Easter eggs (and our Cub Cadet 100)
266702.jpg

Here's my great grandfather Julius Boelens - in one of his not-so-proud moments. Quicksand area near Tampico, il. Picture was taken after heading back to the barn to get the team of mules - when they got back the entire rear axle was on the ground.
BTW - 2 mule (horse) power pulled it out!
282944.jpg

and that same super m last summer 2013 - with my IH baler behind it!
282952.jpg

Nice old SM. We have a very late SM (battery box seat) that we still use occasionally around the farm.

Here’s my sister and I (I'm the little guy) with my dad on his 1947 Farmall M. The picture was taken in 1953. The M is alive and well and I had it totally restored in 2003. My dad kept track of every hour this tractor worked and he even noted what type of work it was doing. It has over 12,000 hours on it as it was the primary tractor on a 300 acre farm for 11 years. It still gets to “work” one day a year pulling a plow at our tractor club plow day.

282993.jpg

JOHN B., PAUL T. - Nice looking Super M, & M. Those old girls just NEVER say Uncle! Even as they approach 70 years old!

I ran Dad's '51 M a fair bit when I was younger doing chores, etc, but it was "Dad's Tractor", only ever remember plowing with it one afternoon. I always ran the Super M-TA, or the 450... and for the short time we had it I ran the old JD R diesel a lot. We had the SM-TA still when we had the R so Dad ran the M-TA if we worked together. The SM-TA & R were rated within one HP of being the same, but pulling 3-14's with the SM-TA & 4-14's with the R we could plow more ground with the SM-TA than with the R. They really didn't "Play well together" when working in the same land as the R was soooo slow. Even when we borrowed the neighbor's IH #8 3-14 plow for the R the SM-TA was still faster. And who wouldn't want to run an M, or Super M with that sweet sounding 4-cyl engine as opposed to listening to that 2-cyl diesel hammer away.

I only remember doing some of the culitvating with the SM-TA the last year we had it, but the next few years I did ALL the cultivating w/450. It was slow, hot tedious work some days, but still better than most days at my "desk jobs" I've had since then.

Wish I had more action shots of those old Farmall's in action I could post. We were too busy working I guess.

Some more.....

282996.jpg

282997.jpg

282998.jpg

282999.jpg

283000.jpg

283001.jpg

283002.jpg

Big Steve and his brother and sister when they were all kids. And one shot of my Grandfather unloading popcorn at Stanford (he grew popcorn for Cracker Jack). And one of Big Steve plowing with his 100 in the mid 70's

Big Steve is on the 504 hauling corn in the PD field, on the M with the disk, and on the 560 with cultivator.

283004.jpg

283005.jpg

Big Steve with aqua applicator

283006.jpg

Dad and I unloading F-20

283007.jpg

Grandfather and brother Andy with 59 Ford and Massey 510

283008.jpg

1466 day it was traded in.

283009.jpg

1486 brand new

283010.jpg

Brand new New Idea picker

283011.jpg

Grandma and Grandpa with 656 and planter, planting Crows seed corn plots.

283012.jpg

59 Ford grain truck

283013.jpg

1979 S-Series grain truck, new to us....

283015.jpg

Me mowing PIK acres in the 80's

283016.jpg

Shelling corn. (I'm standing on the truck ladder)

283017.jpg

Big Steve and I with the turboed 1468 he pulled in the local pull.

Latest posts

Back