• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Oil Change Aid

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the Kohler guidance:

kseriesoil.jpg

Reply to D Frisk, I have two Kohler K241 manuals. Nowhere is it mentioned that the oil sump fills with 1-1/2 qts. Mine seems full at 1-1/3 qts, perhaps a minor point but I'd like to know.
Cheers, Jack
The 102 operators manual states 3 pints. 3 pints = 1-1/2 quarts
Untitled 1.jpg

The 102 operators manual states 3 pints. 3 pints = 1-1/2 quartsView attachment 152329
With thanks to messrs Frisk, James and 1811cub, the latter sends a schematic that says 2 qts oil for the K241, BUT, a note is added saying that ' A type oil pan capacity varies from 1-1 3/4 qts.' They used whatever oil pans were lying around.
Jack

When I was a kid my dad had several pieces of old tin bent and shaped for each of his three tractors. He had them all figured out how to minimize the mess when changing oil. The form of funnel is kind of a one size fits all.

I am a factory guy and about every week I go out and work with field technicians. Icy form of funnel in their toolbox quite often

Back