• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

o no water in the gas

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run pre-mixed gas in my trimmer and chainsaw. I had bought a Poulan trimmer about 10 years ago and probably ran it enough to count on both hands. I redid the carb twice before giving up and buying another one. After assembly I tried to start it and put my thumb right through the primer bulb. Thoroughly disgusted, I went directly to the local dealer and bought the cheapest Stihl they had. Using only pre-mixed gas, it fires right up and works flawlessly...been 3 years now. IMO, for the average homeowner, the price of pre-mixed gas is worth not having the issues.

all good info for sure. ive learned a lil bit...
but when a gallon of fuel is 30 bucks. you need 10 gallons a week... yeah not working for me.. so iam stuck with pump fuel.
had no big issues all summer. tho i do run anything that isnt used for 5 to 10 mins let it heat up and cycle the carb a lil..
so to me in the end its a what hydro fluid to use in the rearends lol what to do with the fuel issues lol
as for west side doing what there doing.. help us all and the ones who blow up there lawnmowers with them big amp batterys.
i hate to say this .. as iam not a new cub fan... but .... they have rite idea. electric motors on the deck itself for each blade i think is on there electric rider. it was messedup to hear it mow tho...
maybe ill build a sound unit for them. to make the motor noises hahhaha

I had an issue with a Redmax trimmer and my dealer did a minor adjustment, and suggested the premix cans if you don’t use your own premix within a month. BTW Redmax has changed some of their parts so you have to purchase special tools to make adjustments.

Stihl has a per-mix fuel. They don't call it gas as it is not pump gas, Something else they dreamed up. 5+yr shelf life at $30 a gallon. NO thank you..

If you go through 10 gallons of 2 cycle fuel a week there is no need to buy premix. But for the homeowner that uses their chain saw once a month or weed wacker every 2 weeks premix is a machine saver. $20 to $30 a gallon is a lot cheaper than taking your machine to the shop every other month to get the carb rebuilt. Hell, a gallon of fuel will last you a whole season.

According to my dealer that I use for both my Cub Diesel and my Echo 2-cycle stuff, although they do recommend pre-mix in many cases, they were very adamant about using good 2-cycle oil. I had my 30-year-old Echo string trimmer that had been passed down from my father in there because it would have a hard time starting after it had run and been shut off for a few minutes. The first question out of the technician's mouth was "what kind of 2-cycle oil are you using?" Even though I had always used ethanol-free gas, not sure if my father had done so for the first 23 years he had it, I told them that I usually just bought some generic 2-cycle oil. They immediately told me to run Red Armour oil in my 2-cycle equipment. I bought a small bottle, and everything has been running and starting great. After doing a little research, I found a number of articles online, talking up Red Armour oil, even from a Youtuber that is sponsored by Stihl! That was enough to convince me.

not sure how it fliped to 2 cycle. but thats ok ..
the 10 gallons a week is normal motors. no mix. so eather way its tons of money for fuel .
think ill look into gettin some cows and sheep..

Back