• If you're having trouble logging into your account , you can Reset Password
Kirk Engines, Inc Cub Cadet Used Parts CADET CONNECTION Cub Cadet Specialties Cub Cadet Specialties

Notes about this new software. Please read.

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Forum:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
The information in the upper right hand corner Is your name. Click on it and get the User Control Panel

1570285549007.png

When you click on your name you will get your version of this

1570285586910.png

Take some time to explore each setting. Especially the Preferences.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
Next is the little Envelope

1570285648436.png

When you click on it you will see something like this:

1570285680705.png

If you have a "conversation" use to be called a PM or private message you will see a small number showing beside the envelope

1570285797694.png

(this is from a different forum on earlier software, but shows the number on the envelope).

You can click on the Start a new conversation and get a to, title and message boxes. You can type in the member's name you want to contact. Or you can click on their avatar box and get a small box. You will see Start a Conversation as an option there.

1570285975085.png

(atester is me having a test account)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
To post an image. You can do a direct upload here, (preferred to linking somewhere else) by clicking on Attach File at bottom left of the message box.

1570286082694.png

That will take you to your gallery of images on your device. Choose one and it will start to upload. I recommend when it's uploaded to choose Full Size.

1570286340300.png

black and white pollard cabin angle.JPG

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
You can also do a copy and paste the images from a news source, your own FB page, or something such as that.

This was copied (right click) from my FB photos that I took, and pasted (left click) into this message.

1570286530131.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
You can use an image from a source where you have a url to get to that image. In that case you use the
1570286662963.png
and a box will open for the url address of the image. This is the least used option for images.

All of this for images is for all sorts of attachments. Especially manuals, excel files and such as that. I have loaded several extensions and can load more if you have a document or schematic that needs uploading.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
How to make a new thread post:

1. Find the forum post that you want to post into and click on the title.

2. Find the Post Thread button

1570286929292.png

3. Once the new thread box opens you will see a place for the title and a larger box for the message.

4. Fill in the title/message box. Then look to the bottom for the Post Thread button. You can even use the Preview button if you want to see it before it posts.

1570287184226.png

(Sorry but you don't get the Set Thread Status boxes, only the mods/admins get that.)

5. Once you've clicked the Post Thread, you have created your first new thread on this software.

aschumacher

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Allen Schumacher
I hope we dont blow up this new software before we get used to it. o_O

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
Naw, you're good, but we're pretty good at keeping it going for the new to it folks. And you can ask how to do anything in it, and I should be able to answer or find the answer for you. Best if the questions are here, or in the Welcome thread.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
When you want to search forums for your way of viewing there is a FILTER for the forum. You can filter your viewing.

1570572533843.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Porch lover
On the thread in the upper right corner

1570573213902.png

Click on each of these to see share, and bookmark and then if you need the address of just that one post you can click on the number and the address will come up and you can copy it and paste. That will bring the person that clicks on your link to that precise post.

jstertz

displayname
joshua donald stertz
I’m a youngin’ and I’m very excited to see this massive upgrade. I understand that for many it is difficult to learn a new system but this one is much more user friendly and works extremely well across the variety of modern technologies. Thank you Angie for the clear instruction.

Latest posts