• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Not the birthday present I wanted

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbell

displayname
Paul Bell
I had to go to the ER Oct 27 with chest pains, and spent 5 days in the hospital.
I got the results of a biospy on Nov 6th (my 73 rd birthday) that was done while there, and learned that a tumor that had been found in my chest is malignant. It is non-operable because even with all the scans and pictures they cannot tell what it is attached to. It is of a type normally found in lung cancer, but it is not in the lung. It may be attached to a lymph node or artery, but in any case it does not respond well to surgery. I will start chemotherapy on Nov 18th, along with radiation treatment.

So, although not what I would like to have, it is what it is, and life such as it may be, goes on. I could sit and feel sorry for myself or I can accept it and move on. I choose the latter. I may not be on here as much as I have been, so you guys and gals play nice, and press on, and someone keep Harry inline and honest.........

Paul sad to hear that, We ill keep you in prayer,
Your tractors and knowledge has inspired others here.

We'll be pullin' for ya, Paul. I have to second Jeff's comment on the inspiration you are here.
OH, I'll help keep an eye on Harry.
happy.gif

Paul, sorry to hear this. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. I'll third Jeff's comment on the inspiration you are here.

Paul, I wish you all the best outcome with this, a prayer has been spoken for you. I ask for God's help with this for you.

Sorry to hear this Paul. The family will be praying for your recovery.
Luther

Paul, You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep tinkering with your tractors. They are good therapy.

Paul-
I'm so sorry to hear this news. My family's prayers are with you.

Your knowledge and contributions here have certainly been a massive inspiration to us fellow Cub-nuts, but this...

<center>"I could sit and feel sorry for myself or I can accept it and move on."</center>

<font size="-1">..tops the cake.

Stay strong buddy, we're pullin for ya!!</font>
Shift.gif

Thank you all, for the kind words, prayers, and thoughts.

Paul: Prayers from here... Might I add that a neighbor had a similar situation, the local health providers said non-operable because it was wrapped around an artery... The surgeons at Mayo in Rochester took a look at it and although it was a long operation, were able to remove it.. Skip is still alive six years later, thanks to the good people at Mayo.

Paul B. Angel and I will be definitely keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. I agree with what Gerry Ide said. Second opinions make a huge difference.

Gerry,
Thanks for your suggestion. There are multiple doctors involve in this, and it is my understanding that it depends on what type/kind the tumor is as to wether it responds well to surgery. This one is a large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma and I'm told it does not respond well to surgery. It's location is also a factor.

Paul,
Despite your situation, I like your attitude towards it.
Keep that chin up!

Paul-

I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. Keep up the positive attitude...it's just another thing about you that tends to help so many of us here on the forum. As I've said before, you're one of the few I listen to without hesitation.

Kirk L.
Yep, He's doing just fine, I got an email from him a couple weeks ago.
He's done with the radiation and starting the chemo.

I periodically check his profile and he has been checking in regularly so I figure that's a good sign.

Paul, if you're watching, know that we're still pulling for you!
greenthumb.gif

Back