• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Not a pretty sight!

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is the casting number for the transmission case.
The serial number will be STAMPED into the case itself as in the picture and will be a 5 digit number w/no letters.
Numbers ending in R1, R2 or R91, R92 and similar suffixes are part numbers.

In his case I believe it is a casting number as the number Kurt posted does not show in the TC-113 master parts list either for the transmission case itself or the reduction housing.

It is my belief that different machining operations on the same casting for different applications will result in a different part number for that specific application.

Versions of these same transmissions were also used on the Farmall Cubs as well.

I may stand corrected and be all wet on my assumption here but it makes sense to me.

Now back to our original programming, Oder has been placed for a replacement elbow and also a new seat for the tush of the operator :) !! Thanks Charlie!!

I have a model 70, per my post. I saw this number cast into the right side (sitting on the tractor) into the transmission. Is this the serial number?
385058R1
No, that's an IHC part number for the casting. The serial number for the tractor is usually located on a tag attached to the transaxle. As you stand behind the tractor, it's on the left rear if the unit.

No, that's an IHC part number for the casting. The serial number for the tractor is usually located on a tag attached to the transaxle. As you stand behind the tractor, it's on the left rear if the unit.

Which seat did you go with? Would like to see pics of it installed either way! I am getting tired of my ripped Toro seat and have been eyeing the High and Low back options that Charlie has...

The 100's and 70's as well as the were stamped into a boss on the right side of the tractor near your foot.

I have 2-100's and a 70, both are stamped there
I believe The ones with the ID on a tag by the rear cover plate were a later series.

Attachments

• IH-Cub-Cadet_70-100_Serial-Number-Locations.png
    IH-Cub-Cadet_70-100_Serial-Number-Locations.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 464
Here's the seat, I have gotten several from Charlie IIRC

WOW!!
I still can't get over how quick and easy it is to post pictures now!!

Attachments

• DSCN7661.JPG
    DSCN7661.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 453
  • DSCN7662.JPG
    DSCN7662.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 404
I just wanna add that if your gonna spray water in your carb to decarbonize the combustion chamber it's always a good idea to add some ATF in the water and shake it up before you spray. This keeps things lubed up while its cleaning more than it helps clean anything. Obviously don't do it on your computer controlled engines. Catalytic converters are expensive!

Back