• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Northeast Iowa plow day spring 2012 April 7, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdehli

displayname
Rob Dehli
Just putting a feeler out ...any interest in a spring plow day late March /early April for a plow day near Waukon, Iowa... Northeast Iowa...

Rob D. You bet there is!!! I know of four others that will be very interested.
happy.gif
232949.gif

I have never been to a PD but would like to attend one this 2012 waukon is about 3 hours for me but I may still be interested.

Right now I would have to be a spectator unless I find a inexspensive plow set up this winter..

You know Caleb and I will be there, I want to see all these plow boys that are use to long straight fields plow those contours!!
roflol.gif

178 miles, roughly, If the schedule would let I'd in, but no way to tell now. Would be cool to pick up my son in Dubuque and show him how guys have fun.

Just an up date looks like we will have 35-50 acres to turn ... if any body has any ideas on food or no food toilets or kill the weeds in the fence row just email me

thanks much

I just do not want to step on toes ... if somebody else wants to host Im all for that ...

but I think come hell or high water we need more plow days ...

Rob, For lunch some one could run down and get a whole mess of Gunder Burgers!!
chef.gif
beerchug.gif

Rob D. I was once told on the food thing. Have an organization that benefits the whole community and not just one organization. I.E. Like Travis did with the Rockford Fire Department. Advertise this on craigslist and get KCRG or Dubuque TV stations to come out. If you can get me some information on things then Angel & I will design a flyer that can be put on here for others to print and post in their local areas and implement dealerships, etc. Porta-potties are a MUST HAVE for this kind of event. Like Travis', you want to make this a family event and it will grow if you want it to. <font size="-2">A really neat gentleman from Minnesota taught me those ideas when I was looking into trying to get a Spring Plow Day clear over in eastern Iowa.</font>

Rob, Good advise there from Marlin.

Main thing is to keep it simple, the more work you do the more work it is for you, so...I think your idea of having a Plow Day is fun, so again keep it simple, and enjoy the day.

The local Fire Dept, Boy Scouts, a church group, or some one would probably provide food. Hot dogs, burgers, or a sandwich, plus chips or bars is all the food needed. Then pop and water

And yes a porta-potty is probably a good thing. Have a donation bucket or pass a hat to help cover this expense.

Pick a date so I can put it on my calendar! April 14th works...

Is it Plow Day yet?

When I hosted a PD The landowners kid was in 4-H so thats who did the food stand.

judging by the responce ... I am looking for more plow ground...think we will need at least 50 acres or more lol will keep you posted

i would like to come with the 982 if everything goes right. chris

Here is a shot from an earlier plow day at Rob;s Photo was taken on the hill,
233279.jpg

Back