• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

North East Iowa Fall Plow day

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdehli

displayname
Rob Dehli
I have been kicking this around for a week or 2 just curious if there is intrest for a plow day up here in NE Iowa ... was thinking of Saturday October 31st ... I have around 20 acres give or take about 4 miles straight east of Postville Ia off of Hwy 18 is there any interest??? It would be a plow day only no food being served or door prizes , so you could bring your own cooler etc...

venders???

iIS THERE ANY INTEREST????????

Umm Rob....you better watch it....might be a crowd with all the rain-outs stacking up!

I'll check my calendar!!

How about a pot luck lunch or a BBQ grill available on site??

Rick we have done the pot luck thing in the past ... nothing beats a good fresh burger after a hard morning of turning dirt. I will check with the father-in-law there is another 80 at least of bean stubble across the road that is already harvested. if we could dig that up for him that would give us plenty of ground.

The kid and myself are game. Is this the same field we plowed 2 years ago.20 acres will go down in 1 pass if all these plow boys show up that havn't had a chance to play.We could all run down to Gunder and eat a burger for lunch,drive our tractors down, that would kill some time. Bring your own grub, tractors and a lawn chair and let's play

Mick

the gunder burger place is 10 miles as the crow flies...but if you can eat the whole burger in one sitting , your a better man than me. The wife and I will share one with an order of fries and we can't kill the thing.

Mick

same field as 2 years ago ...let me work on getting a few more acres.

Halloween is no good for me. My little ones wouldn't stand for that.
asthanos.gif

I'll try to make it up Rob! Thanks for the invite! Weather has not been our friend this fall! If we miss out on this one, we'll only be plowing snow this year!

Rob, 148 might me a better desription on this one. It's a gear jammer.
Shift.gif

I stopped by my favorite parts spot (MWSC) Wednesday and picked up some more super top secret parts for it! I'm anxious tear into the trans this winter.
It's getting a Dodge Dart carrier conversion and a gearing change. I'm putting a 15-17 gear set in. I'll be able to plow in 1,2,3 depending on conditions and the color of the tractor ahead of me. I didn't keep that secret long did I.

Eventually it will be a dual purpose plow / pull tractor.....hmmmm "The Montrose Special"

179550.jpg

My 149 is equally ready to hit the dirt.

I like that 148 Rick, I have a 108 and a 149 that I was gonna do that to myself.

How much weight do you run on the front? I am going to build a front bumper with lead inside and wondering how heavy to make it.

Randy

Randy,
For plowing, the 82 lbs I've got on the front is more than enough. You could get by with 40-60. I don't run any on my 149 and its a bit "squirrely" in the front. I'm probably going to do like you and enclose the bottom of my weight bracket also so I can tose 3 lb lead ingots in there to dial it in for pulling.

Did some checking with the father-in-law the 80 acre field across the road is not available so we will have approx 20 acres to play in ...

Rob D. Any neighbors nearby that the guys could "sneak" into their bean fields and plow? Cornstalks may be a little too tough unless a couple of guys went ahead of the pack with the mower decks. (Remember Boone this spring?) I could put the 50" deck on the Keepsake 1650 for such a thing.
biggrin.gif

Marlin

hopefully by then the father-in-law will have the corn out too. he usually chops the stalks right away also we possibly could turn some of those

Marlin, I have a thatchter you could drag behind the keepsake! LOL

Rob, you better have some dirt lined up if weather is like today! whatever you got will be fine, we'll just plow everthing you have twice

Rick, nice 148!

tryin to get a gauge on how many people and tractors to expect . Please if your planning on coming to our plow day on the 31st . email me {its in my profile} with how many people , tractors etc that your bringing ... in return I will email directions to the site only doing this because of our limited acres to plow also kind of want to know how many deere... cibs and others to expect.

THANK YOU

Being we have recieved over 4" of rain since Wednesday up here in Northeast Iowa. I looked at the plow field last night, The field conditions are not good , we need a few days of sunshine , then things will be alot better. I will make a final decision no later than noon on Thursday if we are gonna plow or wait a week

Sorry to report

the northeast Iowa plow day on saturday the 31st has been canceled. I will try my best to reschedule weather permitting ... we will see
thanks for all the support

Back