• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

next old iron project a 129 redo

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary noblit

IHCC Supporter
A 129 looking for a home found it's way to my place.Engine removed but metal in good shape...I do have 14 hp ready to go in it.Since aquiring it's been blasted and primered(the yellow around the tires is tape).Everything relative to a deck had been removed (??).My intent is to make it look like big brother as in red and white.Not sure yet about a narrow front.My plans got pushed way back because of a storm last week that dropped 12 very large oak and cherry trees so this probably won't make it this year...The irony of missing deck parts 3 decks came with it ,all quick attach type.....I will have questions......

Attachments

• 100_1454.JPG
    100_1454.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_1453.JPG
    100_1453.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 164
Looks like a good project tractor. What's the truck hiding in the background of the second photo?

Kraig,good eyes...A 1948 Ford farm truck,flat head six,4 on floor,6v, mechanically all original, including sears heater,vacuum wiper(only 1).I did some custom interior with wood and replaced deck to haul Vets in parades for about 10 yrs,most are gone now but they loved a truck from their era...very low gear ratio,it doesn't like going over 45...Told ya' I like "old iron"

Gary,

My Dad was hired years ago by Carter Carburetor to market their then new fantastic vacuum wiper motor. Soon after, electric motor advancements made that vacuum motor obsolete, as well as his position...

Gary,

My Dad was hired years ago by Carter Carburetor to market their then new fantastic vacuum wiper motor. Soon after, electric motor advancements made that vacuum motor obsolete, as well as his position...
I've owned a few with vacuum wipers.One had to learn how to accelerate slowly when it was raining or the wipers would quit but when you let up they would go much faster....

Kraig, ya' pushed my buttons..just got to show you this truck...I do drive it often of course no pwr steering avoids tight parking spots...It runs awesome and gets around 20 mi.per gal but that's at 35/40 mph...exterior ,birch paneling on sides,inside birch in doors and kick panels,curly maple in radio hole and gearshift.birdseye maple veneer in gauge cluster and....cedar strips in ceiling placed and fitted one at a time(that was a challenge) but I love the look !! No pic of front end because the purists would note it has a 51 grill hence no confusion...there ya' go !!..forgot, spalted maple side brds and red oak deck...

Attachments

• 100_1455.JPG
    100_1455.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 100_1461.JPG
    100_1461.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_1456.JPG
    100_1456.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_1457.JPG
    100_1457.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_1458.JPG
    100_1458.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_1459.JPG
    100_1459.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 100_1460.JPG
    100_1460.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 120
I use to drive a 1986 Kenworth W900. Air operated wipers, when I turned them on had to roll down the window because the third wipe it would push it pass the A post and I had to push it back on the windshield, it worked fine after that lol

Back