• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Newly Purchased 126

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dxsmith

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David L. Smith
Just obtained this 126. It needs some TLC, (New seat, new belt, muffler, carb rebuilt). I got it home and remembered that I had an extra headlight panel and surprisingly, it fits this unit. Only thing missing, are the bezels. Anyone have a set of headlight bezels hiding? Has a spray bomb paint job, little light in areas and heavy runs in others. I plan to get the bugs worked out of it first, then work toward a new paint job.

IMG_6964.jpg
IMG_6965.jpg
IMG_6968.jpg

Nice! I like those original front tires. I couldn't stand them when I was a kid, but now I wish I had some like those. I used to have a 126 with a creeper, and a small flywheel 14 hp, but had to sell it when I moved. It had the fat "smooth" fronts. 3rd rarest or not, I like the way 1X6/7's look.

Take that seat to a local auto upholstery shop and get it re-covered. ;)
I would be fine doing that, but the pictures don's show the two large holes in the metal pan of it. Due to that, I need new. I checked and Charlie doesn't have any right now. Headed to Boone to a show this weekend, maybe someone may have a used one there.

I have the original seat-pan from my (1974) 108... if it's the same. It's surface rusty, but solid.
IF I can find it!!! (I don't throw stuff like that away).
I'm only a couple hours from you, but will be heading to the Franklinton area next week to work on a 1958 Packard Hardtop. I could drop it off somewhere along the way if it helps.
$20 just to help with gas...lol

Just obtained this 126. It needs some TLC, (New seat, new belt, muffler, carb rebuilt). I got it home and remembered that I had an extra headlight panel and surprisingly, it fits this unit. Only thing missing, are the bezels. Anyone have a set of headlight bezels hiding? Has a spray bomb paint job, little light in areas and heavy runs in others. I plan to get the bugs worked out of it first, then work toward a new paint job.

View attachment 150461View attachment 150462View attachment 150463
Your hood looks different than my 126 does.

Found the show in Boone. Northern Tool has a seat real close to the original. It is a Black Talon brand at around $90.

Back