• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will cespedes

I would like to introduce myself briefly and let you all know some things I have dealt w in owning a Cub Cadet LT1024. It has been a sordid venture to say the least (especially since I have done almost absolutely no maintenance to any lawn trctors) . . The most frustrating part was finding a good deck belt and proper tension to keep it on!

Yes. I think this issue is finally resolved. 2 more issues I know of though. 1st, this tractor hasn't received great care or maintenance as we bought it used. . I had not noticed until the last couple days that there is a symbol flashing on and off on display that appears to be an hourglass? I would appreciate any hints to step up engine performance as it really lacks pep. Before the summer I did replace spark plugs and change the oil. Than you

Will ,if it is stock it should have a 24 hp Briggs.That should have plenty of power. I'm running a replacement engine with 18 hp the runs a 46" just fine...Have valve clearances been checked? Flashing icon should mean the hour meter is working...That should be at least a 1000 hr engine...

Ok. Yeah it's the stock engine. To be honest, I've never torn an engine down, but I'm going to look into the engine a little more - I'm fairly sure that it is burning oil some . . Thanks for your help

Back