• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Newbie with LoBoy 154

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruser

Never even posted on any forum! Need a battery cover for my 154. Also how hard is it to find a snow blower for it? Not even sure what year or how to find out? Thanks for any help to offer.
Bruser

Never even posted on any forum! Need a battery cover for my 154. Also how hard is it to find a snow blower for it? Not even sure what year or how to find out? Thanks for any help to offer.
Bruser
I have a 184 and just sold a 154 and neither one has a battery cover. Don't know if there was one on them when new. For info search for tractordata154loboy.com

Part number for battery cover is 404575-R2. Reproductions are available.
Snowblower will be hard to find and your tractor will need the creeper option to use it.

HamiltonBobs

Part number for battery cover is 404575-R2. Reproductions are available.
Snowblower will be hard to find and your tractor will need the creeper option to use it.

HamiltonBobs
Hmm. Was thinking about changing the blade on my 72 to a snowblower. Hadn't considered needing the creeper option. Is this necessary with all applications? Why?

Hmm. Was thinking about changing the blade on my 72 to a snowblower. Hadn't considered needing the creeper option. Is this necessary with all applications? Why?
Speed control - I don't have the creeper on my 100 and wish I did (someday I will add it). Depending on the amount of snow, 1st gear is still too fast and all I do is work the clutch and jam up the thrower...over and over again. Now that I have a 1450 with a hydrostatic transmission, I can adjust the speed to suit the conditions.

The creeper is very handy when working in deeper snows. If the snow is say 3 or 4 maybe 5 inches it isn't a problem using first gear, if it is say 8 to 10 inches deep then it's better to take a smaller "bite and use first gear. But with a creeper you can move the tractor very slowly and still use the whole width of the blower. I have a 73 and added a creeper with my snow thrower. There are so many "types" of snow and they all need some different way of being handled. The creeper gives you options on how to deal with this. But mostly I would use first gear no creeper, use just enough width of the thrower to pull a load and get good discharge, when the load got lighter I'd steer into the pile, when the motor was losing rpm's I'd steer away from the pile.. simple as that. Throwers work best when full, to much and they clog, too little and they just don't throw with any force... but it is easy to figure out once you get in the "zone".. HTH

Yeah, I can see how the creeper function could be real handy. Looks like I have new decisions to make. Thanks guys for the good a useful advice.

Back