• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Newbie from Columbus Ohio

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Armbruster

IHCC Supporter
displayname
DontknowJack
I am new to the Cub Cadet world. I have been gathering information for awhile now and I am looking for any advice on using a 125 for full on hard work. Plowing and tiller work being the primary objectives. I truly overuse equipment,not abusive but hard work non the less. Any advice on a tiller? Is one better than another? Any advice on a snow thrower? Any advice on a garden plow? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Welcome Ron.
Does your 125 have the rear lift setup? You will need it to use a tiller or plow on your Cub. A spring assist will help with lifting the heavy tiller and snow thrower. You’ll want an extended sleeve hitch adapter to clear the tiller gearbox so that you can use a plow without having to remove the gearbox. A 10” Brinly plow is the best size for your Cub and is the easiest to find.
A5E32F47-EEC2-4B20-BD98-0781B46056B6.jpeg

Ron, WELCOME!

For snowthrowers look for a QA42, or a QA42A. I use a QA42 on my 125 and they work great. You'll want to keep the auger housing and discharge chute free of rust, and to really help, paint the inside area of the auger housing and discharge chute with a graphite paint.

1968 Cub Cadet.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am new to the forum world also,might have done this incorrectly. Do I need to move this conversation? I am loaded with questions. I am grateful for the advice on the tractor,all help is appreciated.

For ongoing discussion of your 125 it would probably be best to start a new thread in the "IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum" area, as that gets the most traffic here. That is the area for discussing the IH built Cub Cadets, which the model 125 certainly is.

Ron
I think I have a couple of Q 42 Snowblowers.
I live about an hour north of you about 10 miles of of Rt 23 near Sycamore.
I will have to check what I have.
David Gregg

Latest posts

Back