• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Toy

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Moody

BAB0E9FA-F8E6-457C-AE3E-FFB30CB7C6F9.jpeg

Howdy!I picked up this 2072 yesterday,669hrs got it fired up today ,it’s been setting 5or6 yrs,i can’t get it to move forward or reverse,,any info on what to look for?

First off, welcome!

Second, that appears to be a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 door post.

Third and most important, check to ensure the hydro pump is turning. Since your unit has power steering, does that function at all? The spirol pins are known to shear, but appear intact on the visible outer portions of the driveshaft. If the pump is turning, make sure you have full clean Hy-tran hydro fluid. If that checks out, replace the spin on hydro unit filter. Also check your shift linkage for correct attachment and worn parts. If all of that checks out, yo have a very rare case of a failed hydro unit. They are fairly simple to tear into.

First off, welcome!t The shaft is not turning and power steering is not working,,i think it may be a beijing pin,that would cause the mower to be pushed and free wheel i assume..will take the shaft out later today and see👍👍yes on 55 2dr post bel air Thank you for the info

Second, that appears to be a 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air 2 door post.

Third and most important, check to ensure the hydro pump is turning. Since your unit has power steering, does that function at all? The spirol pins are known to shear, but appear intact on the visible outer portions of the driveshaft. If the pump is turning, make sure you have full clean Hy-tran hydro fluid. If that checks out, replace the spin on hydro unit filter. Also check your shift linkage for correct attachment and worn parts. If all of that checks out, yo have a very rare case of a failed hydro unit. They are fairly simple to tear into.
Thank you
C0EA42A1-278C-4D14-AE5A-4284B54F55F2.jpeg
C0EA42A1-278C-4D14-AE5A-4284B54F55F2.jpeg

Back