• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to the group

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmy t

I have a model 782 IH that shuts off when pto is engaged replace switch and new battery fill all fluids don`t know can someone help please

Timmy, first off, WELCOME!
WELCOME.gif

Check all the safety switches and make sure that they are connected and working properly. Looks like there is one on the seat that will kill the engine that could be the culprit.

217212-jpg.125637

What shape is the battery in? If had a tractor with an electric clutch and failing battery kill the engine. PTO takes all the power and nothing left for the ignition..... just another thought.

Yes I agree with the seat switch also, try to temporarily bypass the switch with a jumper wire and see if it solves the issue. If not I have seen a similar issue when the coil for the PTO clutch starts to go bad and will shut it down but it usually also blows the fuse. Unless someone has bypassed the fuse or installed a larger one. You could test for this by disconnecting the wire going into the PTO clutch and see if the tractor still shuts down, if tractor still runs it might be time for a new clutch.

Good Luck.
Dave

I agree with previous post, If you have a meter check wire to pto when engaged probably going to ground , bad pto coil.

Latest posts

Back