• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New to the game

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan’l Yorn

Hey all, thanks for the add. I’m Dan’l and I’m new to the lawn tractor game. I currently have a 1968 124 cub and would love to restore it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I would like to start with making a wiring harness, does anyone have a link to where I can learn to make my own? Thanks again, Dan’l

Welcome Dan'l! I grew up on a 124, so I'm biased. Excellent choice.

Here is the 124 wiring schematic. I'm not sure of any site to teach you how make a harness.

1668473197400.png

Welcome Dan'l! I grew up on a 124, so I'm biased. Excellent choice.

Here is the 124 wiring schematic. I'm not sure of any site to teach you how make a harness.

View attachment 151888
Thank you!! That’s a big help, the rain I asked about the harness is because I was recently at a tractor show and a fellow cub owner told me that there was a website that shows the exact color and gauge of the wire needed to create a harness.

Thank you!! That’s a big help, the rain I asked about the harness is because I was recently at a tractor show and a fellow cub owner told me that there was a website that shows the exact color and gauge of the wire needed to create a harness.

Attachments

• 065E9943-8807-4D5C-8B2E-8F6CCA2FFA6B.jpeg
    065E9943-8807-4D5C-8B2E-8F6CCA2FFA6B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • C1C00B0F-1C14-4A92-8144-BA7967F124F2.jpeg
    C1C00B0F-1C14-4A92-8144-BA7967F124F2.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Thank Roland Bedell. I just copied n pasted. He built diagrams for the IH models.

Hey all, thanks for the add. I’m Dan’l and I’m new to the lawn tractor game. I currently have a 1968 124 cub and would love to restore it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I would like to start with making a wiring harness, does anyone have a link to where I can learn to make my own? Thanks again, Dan’l
A 1968 Cub Cadet 124 is a Garden Tractor, it'll also mow your lawn if you desire... welcome to the site LOL

Welcome

Welcome Dan'l. Let me speak to the obvious issue - rust. Don't hide it with Rustoleum, you want to take the rust down to gray/black metal by using Axalta (dupont) 5717s, at auto supply stores, about $45 per gallon. At these places you'll find a supply of POR15 paint, but with limited colors (see their website). You cover the rust with this stuff and it works. But I prefer the 5717s; need wire brush and sandpaper and if there any pitting use Bondo over the 5717s. Prime and paint. Search this forum for paints.
Mowers need the most labor. Tedious work but worth it. I brushed on IH white oil base with a hardener to make the finish more resistant to leaf and grass stains. Flipped mower over and coated with POR15 gloss black. Yes, I am a fusspot.
Lotsa luck, Jack
PS: To strip paint I use Citristrip gel. Brush it on, some areas may need 2 coats.

Back